Microsoft Nigeria If you have unique experiences, skills and passions-and we believe you can bring them all to Microsoft for a rich, rewarding career and lifestyle that will surprise you with its breadth and potential. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go, and the difference you can make with the resources of Microsoft behind you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Lead – MEA MCC
Job number: 625624
Locations: Dubai, Lebanon, Jordan, Kenya, Nigeria & South Africa
Travel: 25-50 %
Profession: Human Resources
Role type: People Manager
Employment type: Full-Time
- The MCC Country HR Leader creates value by driving the people agenda with business leaders and, as the hub between the business and COEs, bringing the full capability of Microsoft HR to bear in achieving talent, organization and business outcomes.
- The Country HR lead is a business leader, whose specialization is HR, they envision not only what will or may happen but translate this future state into present talent and organizational choices. You will create clarity, generate energy and deliver success, and ensure Microsoft continues to develop an evolving culture with a growth mindset.
- In this role you will be accountable for delivering on our HR Priorities, including talent management, leadership development and organizational effectiveness. This senior HR role will serve as a member of the MCC senior leadership team and MEA HR leadership team working together to build the Microsoft culture and deliver results. You will also be part of a Global HR team, leveraging and deploying HR best practices, exchanging insights with HR stakeholders at the regional and global level.
- This role could be based across any location in the MEA region. Preferred locations would be one of the following: Dubai, Lebanon, Jordan, Kenya, Nigeria & South Africa.
Talent Management – In partnership with the MEA Talent Management & Talent Acquisition leads, the Country HR Lead enables the business to attract, retain and develop world changing talent to achieve business results today and in the future:
- Lead end-to-end talent management processes and practices to identify and respond to gaps in building forward-looking talent capabilities all-up
- Acquire, develop, retain and reward diverse and pivotal talent, in partnership with business leaders
- Partner with GTA on an end-to-end talent acquisition strategy to address current and future business needs
- Connect externally with networks & communities to bring in world class talent and practices
Organizational Effectiveness – Partner with and enable leaders to develop high-functioning orgs to achieve business goals and build culture:
- Ensure that diagnostics of org challenges are accurate, effective, and take a holistic view of the organization
- Design and implement well-thought through change plans that account for durable effect
- Partner with and enable leaders to develop high-functioning orgs to achieve business goals and build culture
- Develop holistic org and people plans for individual leadership teams in support of Microsoft people priorities and HR strategies
- Leverage business acumen, competitive insights, external benchmarking, data, and best-in-class OD resources to inform decisions on org structures, processes, communication, and similar levers
Leadership Effectiveness – Identify, develop and align leaders that can shift culture and drive business transformation and impact:
- Partner with leaders to diagnose, coach and provide solutions to enable our leaders and leadership teams to collaborate and continuously transform themselves and their teams/org to deliver business results
- Take accountability for ensuring capable leaders with the right skills are in the right roles
- “Hold up the mirror” to hold leaders and teams accountable for behaviors and actions that drive the new culture
- Partner with leaders to build inclusive environment within their organizations
OneHR Approach – Partner with the full MEA HR LT to achieve broad MEA business goals and build culture across MEA:
- Support the MEA HR LT in planning and delivery of all MEA HR People Plan and Priorities, identifying synergies across the Subs and delivering projects across MEA HR.
- Support the HR LT in the identification, building and delivery of a structured set of HR Readiness activities to support HR Team learning and development.
- Help support change and drive a culture of growth mindset across the HR team.
- Business Acumen: Applies an understanding of how Microsoft’s business operates, financially and strategically, within the industry. Analyzes key business drivers, and integrates insights into priorities and plans.
- Trusted Advisor: Conveys professional depth and breadth, and builds strong client relationships. Effectively influences clients.
- Growth Mindset: responding positively to challenges and continually seeking new and better ways of approaching things
- Collaboration: Drives alignment and teamwork within a team, department, or across organizational boundaries. Combines resources and joins efforts to achieve company-wide goals
- Customer Focus: Anticipates customer needs, and proactively meets and exceeds customer expectations. Recognizes the issues that customers want to resolve, and creates, or facilitates the creation of, products and services to address customer needs.
- Drive for Results: Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes, using effective approaches to solve problems. Delivers on commitments and seeks increasingly challenging work. Takes responsibility and holds others accountable for actions, decisions, and goals.
- Influencing for Impact: Communicates and networks effectively. Successfully persuades and influences others.
- Develop and Attract Talent: Identifies skills that are missing in the team and creates a plan to address them. Effectively attracts and recruits talent for the team. Provides ongoing feedback that helps direct reports improve their performance. Provides support for career growth and long-term development.
- Deliver Results Through Teamwork: Effective at planning and prioritizing the team’s work. Effectively communicates the business strategy and how work aligns to broader goals. Holds team and individuals accountable for results. Encourages and recognizes collaborative behavior across the team.
- Role Model Microsoft Values: Works through others, and across teams to deliver business results. Builds and maintains a motivated, productive team by prioritizing, balancing workloads, providing clear direction, assessing performance, then rewarding the right results.
- Stakeholder management expertise
- Able to move ideas to implementable action plans
- Joins the dots for self and others and can articulate the bigger picture
- Comfortable with data analytics and curious about trends and insights
- 10 years + Generalist HR with a breadth of HR knowledge and experience
- Proactive, tenacious and strong ability to prioritize
- Collaborative and a strong communicator.
- Operational excellence
- Proven project management capability
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and multiple complex priorities
- Ability to engage at all levels of the organisation.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.