Thisday Newspapers Limited – Founded on January 22, 1995, THISDAY is published by Thisday Newspapers Limited, 35 Creek Road Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria with offices in 36 states of Nigeria , the Federal Capital Territory and around the world. It is Nigeria’s most authoritative news media available on all platforms for the political, business, professional and diplomatic elite and broader middle classes while serving as the meeting point of new ideas, culture and technology for the aspirationals and millennials.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lawyer
- We run one of the most reputable media group in the country and have an urgent need to hire the services of in-house Attorneys on a full-time employment basis.
- Gather evidence and testimony from a range of witness for use in hearings.
- Maintain records and evidence registers for short and long-term cases
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with clients, human resources managers and their staff at aH levels.
- Negotiate effectively on behalf of the Company and oversee mediation proceedings.
- Our ideal candidate must possess an LLB from a reputable University in addition to being called to the Nigerian Bar, with a minimum of five (5) years post qualification experience as a legal practitioner in a law firm and/or corporate counsel.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Good organizational skills and capacity to be detail-oriented.
- High level of integrity and professional accountability.
- Experience in litigation, mediation and negotiation with a confident and measured approach to conflict resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including strong presentation skills.
- Effective use of computer system for the generation of professional reports scheduling and client database management.
- Strong relation-building skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: Careers@thisdaylive.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: This role represent a great opportunity within a dynamic, challenging and professional environment.