The Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- Planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the operation of the financial system of the Polytechnic.
- Taking charge of the general administration of the Bursary.
- He is responsible to the Rector.
- Performing other related matters.
Qualities and Qualifications
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following Qualifications and Personal qualities:
- Provide evidence of proficiency in ICT:
- Must be vast in Public Service Rules, Financial Regulations and Computer Applications;
- Be of sound physical and mental health;
- Be objective, fair minded, impartial, unquestionable character and proven integrity;
- The successful applicant must not exceed Sixty (60) years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
- Posses a good honours Degree in Accountancy or Finance from a recognized Institution of higher learning or equivalent professional Accountancy qualification with at least Eighteen (18) years post qualification cognate experience;
- Possession of a higher Degree will be an added advantage;
- Be at least a Chief Accountant in a Polytechnic or other similar Tertiary Institutions with a minimum of five years(5) experience on that rank;
- Possession of Membership of professional body e.g. ICAN or ANAN is mandatory;
- Have the ability to attract funds and development facilities to the Polytechnic, as well as maintain and improve the institution’s development;
Terms of Appointment/Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a term of five (5) years in the first instance and renewable, subject to satisfactory performance, for another term of five (5) years and no more.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies of their Applications, Certificates with type- written copies of Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Names (Surname first)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal Address/including Telephone No. and E-mail Address
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Previous Employer(s) and Posts held with Dates
- Present Employment Status and Salary
- Evidence of Community services.
- A Statement of his/her own Vision for the Polytechnic in the 21” Century.
- Names and Address of Three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward Confidential Reports of them directly to the “Registrar” through the address below. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidates claims of academic and managerial capabilities as well as their characters.
All Applications are to be submitted in sealed envelopes and marked “Application for the Post of Bursar” on the top left corner of the envelope addressed and sent to:
P.M.B. 1006, Damaturu,
Application Deadline 11th July, 2019.
- Applicants will be required to provide the original of their certificates and other relevant documents at the interview. Photocopies of credential will not be accepted.
- Applicant must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.