iMMAP is an international not-for-profit non-governmental organization (NGO) that provides targeted information management support to partners responding to complex humanitarian and development challenges. For more than 15 years, we have promoted measurable change in people’s lives through our core philosophy: better data leads to better decisions and, ultimately, better outcomes. Our expertise in data collection, analysis and presentation has revolutionized the decision-making process for our diverse, multi-sectoral partners who seek enhanced coordination and sustainable solutions through information management. iMMAP’s mission is to be the first port of call for Information and Knowledge Management expertise within the humanitarian and development community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Representative
- iMMAP program in Nigeria started late 2016 and was designed to support the response to the ongoing crisis in in the Northeast of the country, by strengthening the information management (IM) capacity of the responders within the different humanitarian sectors.
- The target beneficiaries of this program are the humanitarian partners (who are all sectors members) and the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs [UNOCHA] in its mandated inter-cluster coordination role.
Scope of Work
- The Country Representative (CR) is the senior iMMAP management position in host country, with supervisory and managerial responsibility for all in-country personnel, programs and policies.
- The CR is responsible for developing the overall iMMAP strategic direction for programming in concert with the iMMAP senior management team and local and international partners.
- S/He is also responsible for developing and implementing systems, policies and procedures for iMMAP operations in country.
- As the iMMAP senior manager in country, the CR is also responsible for financial oversight, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, staff safety and security, human resource management, and representation in the field.
- Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the CR ensures that country program operations meet the highest standard and are supportive of regional and global iMMAP strategies.
Purpose of the Position
- The Country Representative for iMMAP in Nigeria will oversee a team of national and international staff who are providing technical information management support to clusters/sectors.
- He/she will ensure that work plans are adhered to by the team and the strategic objectives of the project are achieved.
- The Country Representative will lead implementation of iMMAP’s overall vision, mission and country strategy by maintaining existing programs and identifying opportunities for new business development.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Reporting to iMMAP Regional Representative and under the overall guidance of the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer, the Country Representative will provide management support to iMMAP in-country staff. His/her duties include, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure timely collection and consolidation of program achievements data from the monthly reports of the staff and from the monitoring and evaluation surveys.
- Provide managerial support to the staff in the performance of their daily tasks; lead the implementation of iMMAP’s communications strategies in order to enhance the visibility of the Nigeria program.
- Engage sectors lead agencies to ensure that proper working conditions are provided to seconded staff.
- Apply consistency in iMMAP’s technical support across the sectors in humanitarian, recovery and development contexts.
- Work closely with UNOCHA to ensure that in-country information management efforts are coordinated, and duplications avoided or minimized.
- Monitor the performance and skills of iMMAP personnel and ensure satisfactorily service delivery to clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by senior management.
- Represent iMMAP Nigeria at the country level, establishing, maintaining and managing relationships with government (at Federal and State levels), existing and prospective donor agencies, United Nations agencies, national and international NGOs, civil society organizations, academia, research institutions, and the private sector.
- Ensure the security and safety of the staff, in close collaboration with iMMAP Security Team.
- Identify new business opportunities in Nigeria and take the lead in the development and submissions of proposals or contracts biddings.
- Advise senior management on strategies and approaches that could strengthen and expand iMMAP’s footprint in Nigeria.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on iMMAP’s activities to donors, senior management and other stakeholders, in respect with iMMAP’s Data and Information Confidentiality protocols.
- Work with sector lead agencies to identify IM staffing needs; recruit best suitable candidates and assist with deployment and management of staff.
- Strong presentation and communication skills;
- Service orientated and ability to build consensus.
- Fluency in English is a must (written and spoken).
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Project Management,
- At least 15 years of experience with increasing responsibility in management positions,
- Complete understanding of the UN cluster system and its functioning;
- Proven ability and experience interacting with a wide range of organizations and
- Experience in emergency relief management and field coordination;
Generic professional competencies:
- Information Science or other relevant fields; preferably within the UN or other humanitarian organizations; stakeholders from the UN, donors, clusters, NGOs;
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailor’s language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals consistent with agreed upon strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them with appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client;
- Representation: Where appropriate, represent the iMMAP in various fora, maintains effective and positive contacts with national and local government officials, national and international NGOs, and donor agency officials, when required.
- Ability to understand and adapt to complex and dynamic situations;
- Ability to work in harsh operational environments;
- Takes initiatives, manages own use of time and is self-motivating;
- Self-drive, flexibility and creativity.
- As part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning, and in support of the understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, it is expected that the PM will commit 5% of his/her time to learning activities that benefit iMMAP as well as individual professional development.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply