FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Supervisor:Director, Enterprise Services and IT
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Director, Enterprise Services and IT, the Facilities Manager will ensure the smooth operation of the organization’s office operations, office facilities, supplies and support services and ensuring the public and staff areas of the office premises are kept in good order so as to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency and the optimal use of facilities.
- S/he will also manage the compilation and maintenance of accurate inventory records in all State offices.
- S/he will supervise the verification of assets and ensure inventory data is accurately entered into the FHI 360 Nigeria electronic inventory system.
- The position holder will be responsible for managing and coordinating
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify completion of all repairs, replacement, renovation projects of FHI 360 facilities and equipment and ensure quality of work.
- Ensure appropriate tagging of office equipment, furniture and fittings.
- Oversee activities of janitorial and maintenance contract staff. Ensure that repairs and maintenance problems are logged and resolved and that quality of service is assured.
- Manage inventory system for all activities such as additions, disposals, movements/relocations, retrievals, change in status/condition, etc.
- Ensure that the inventory list is accurate and complete and that all required data fields are populated and accurately entered into electronic inventory system.
- Organize and supervise the reception function, both telephone and visitors. Ensure provision of efficient reception services to all visitors and callers to Country Office.
- Oversee and supervise the processing of mail dispatch/distribution, telephone directory; and administrative and support services to all departments/units as required.
- Manage bookings of meeting and training rooms by internal and external users. Ensure that all internal and external meeting organizers comply with FHI 360’s Guidelines for meeting/workshops.
- Manage cleaning contractor to adhere to specified cleaning standards.
- Contribute to planning, coordination and allocation of office space in consultation with relevant parties.
- Oversea the ordering and stocking of office supplies such as stationery, drinking water, and other utilities to support office operations.
- Manage the upkeep, rehabilitation and maintenance of the entire FHI 360 facilities including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience using inventory management software is required
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Estate Management or related field with 7-9 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Estate Management or related field with 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in facilities management.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations (particularly experience with USAID procurement regulations) is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Excellent record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, policies and procedures.
- Technical understanding of office and other mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Ability to research and evaluate technical proposal and make appropriate recommendation.
- Ability to comprehend and make inferences from technical materials and equipment.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th June, 2019.
Note: This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.