GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Lead On Site Controls Engineer
Ref No: 3285658
Location: Bonny Island, Rivers, Nigeria
- Provide planned and unplanned maintenance services to GE Gas Turbines and Process Compressors at Bonny Island CSA site. Provide operational support to customer for trouble shooting, alarm and trip diagnosis through Energy Services Product Services Engineering.
- Outage planning with customer and CSA site team. Deliver all aspects of Contractual fulfillment in a timely and quality manner. Work for sustained growth opportunities through demonstration as a customer fulfillment agent.
The Resident/On-Site Controls Engineer will support the Service Director in the execution of the Contractual Agreement. The Controls Engineer will take primary responsibility for the management of all covered equipment. His responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide information regarding the latest advancement in Conversion, Modification and Upgrades (CM&U) opportunities to the customer and assist with implementations of any recommendations
- Work with the customer’s site teams to develop maintenance schedules, which optimize Covered Unit reliability and availability
- Maintain a maintenance history for the Covered Units
- Take the lead in diagnosis and resolving maintenance or operational problems on the Covered Units with support of customer’s operation & maintenance staff
- Perform the on-Site inspection of all Parts (new, used or refurbished) for completeness, correct execution against drawings, damage, etc.
- Provide on the job training of customer’s operation & maintenance staff
- Coordinate the Field Services, Oil & Gas Services, Repair Services and parts center activities to meet Contractor’s obligations under the Agreement
- Support customer operations team in ensuring the units are available and reliable
- Conduct maintenance planning, pre-Outage, Outage and post-Outage planning activities
- Assist the customer with regular reviews of maintenance activities
- Forward and discuss Technical Information Letters (TIL’s) to the customer; plan the agreed upon implementation of any recommendations
- Respond to the customer’s technical inquiries utilizing GE Contractual Services (GECS) and Oil & Gas technical support services
- Good communicator should able to work effectively internally and externally
- Ability to learn and train/teach internal and external customers
- Confidence / assertiveness with strong influencing skills to generate extra work growth opportunities.
- Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ambiguous situations
- In Nigeria: a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- In Nigeria: must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent knowledge or work experience
- Significant GE (or equivalent) Technical Experience as Field Service Engineer or Technical Advisor
- Proficient in the use of GE controls systems (Mark VI/ Mark VIe, etc.)
- Good knowledge of gas turbine operations methodology
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of GE 6B and 7EA Gas Turbine, Generators and Process Application Axial/Centrifugal Compressors
- Ability to interpret P&ID and other equipment drawings
- Continuous improvement mind set
- Lean outage excellence
- Six sigma Greenbelt certified
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply