Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nutrition Smart Survey Program Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 12 months
Start Date: 01/06/2019
General Description of the Position
- The Nigeria mission came under ACF-FR management on January 1st 2019. Financing is issued from donors such as DFID, ECHO, GAC, OFDA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, USAID, AFD, French Ministry of Foreign affairs, SIDA and UNOCHA NHF. The total budget amounts to approximately 70 million USD. The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees.
- There are three bases offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
- Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe
- Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 local government areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
- Under the direct supervision of the field coordinator, you will be responsible to build up an AAH Team and coordinate the implementation of planned nutrition SMART surveys in the targeted areas.
More precisely, you will be responsible to:
- Design, develop and conduct nutrition surveys in target areas (SMART/Rapid SMART)
- Monitor and supervise the survey teams to ensure good quality of surveys
- Coordinate and agree with stakeholders from the design stage to the reporting stage for quality assurance of the study
- Represent Action Against Hunger and its positioning in the field of nutrition surveys
Do you fit the requested profile?
- You are recognized for your diplomacy, you have got stress management capacities. Previous experience with ACF is preferable
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- You hold a Nursing, Nutrition/Public Health or relevant Degree, with a strong experience in conducting SMART nutrition surveys
- Training in SMART survey methodology is necessary and you have proven the experience of conducting Nutritional Survey (SMART) with additional indicators before, and fully written the survey reports.
- You must have the experience to lead surveys through coaching and supervising teams and having experience in training / capacity building on SMART methodologies
- You have got the ability and willingness to travel regularly to the field sites (70% time in the field);
Specific Conditions / Salary
- Length of contract: 12 months, starting date 1st of June 2019
- Status: Long-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Monthly gross salary from 1600 à 1975 € upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 539€ net, field paid
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for the non-French citizen
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children
- Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months)
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical training at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Participation to external training costs upon eligibility of the request.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply