IHS, the largest independent tower company in the EMEA Region, are currently recruiting for a Developer in the Nigeria IT team. In this role, you will apply your specialist knowledge of operating systems, devices, applications and software to develop applications which drive automation of internal processes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Technical PMO
Reports To: Director, PMO
- Oversee and ensure all power dimensioning analyses and designs for site audits, BTS sites and site upgrades are in line with specifications and standards.
- Approve TSS Design & Soil Test Review.
- Review and approve design drawings sent in by vendors.
- Approve Tower Loading Analysis (TLA) for customer implementation.
- Review site audit and structural appraisal reports as submitted by assigned vendors.
- Review and validate submitted reports to generate Bill of Materials (BOM) for Tower Retrofit.
- Review and monitor Project Implementation Plan (PIP) as submitted by vendors.
- Review and confirm Pro-forma Invoice (RFI) as submitted by vendors.
- Review and approve site design and analysis for project implementation and site upgrade design as per request where applicable.
- Evaluate, validate and approve BOM for the procurement process.
- Review tower specifications and civil works needed on a new site.
- Sign off on projects as completed.
- Review power audit report for completeness and correctness. Query information provided and request supporting evidence.
- Dimension power capacity for all sites across regions to accomodate new tenants’, and stabilize existing tenants’ equipment.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders for support in all power systems-related matters.
- Review detailed and complete documentation for every dimension solution or project.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues and risks to relevant stakeholders as and when due.
- Reject vendor business case where IHS requirements are not met.
- Review and approve recommendations in the Trial Final Report (TFR).
- Reject installation and integration procedure document if roll-back plan is unapproved.
- Ensure proposed solutions go through appropriate analysis, testing, and trial run before they are presented to the Steering Committee for adoption.
- Invite vendors to meetings to discuss their solutions.
- Review trial progress and weekly reports on projects.
- Review TFR and sign off as appropriate.
- Track progress and review project tasks to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Present new ideas and cash flow strategies to management and other stakeholders.
- Liaise closely with other business units to ensure accurate and robust budget monitoring against project plans.
- Ensure notification and/ or escalation processes are in place to report on both underspend and potential overspend.
- Track and monitor benefits realization against planned targets.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering or related disciplines.
- Master’s degree in an Engineering or related field and/ or MBA would be advantageous.
- Professional certifications such as PMP and PRINCE2 would be advantageous.
- +12 years’ cognate experience in telecoms program management.
- Customer Focus
- Be Bold
- Project Management
- Capital Optimization
- Program Management
- Logistics Management
- Contract Management
- Business Planning
- Financial Acumen
- Leading & Influencing
- Strategic Thinking
- Teamwork & Collaboration
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Developer
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage all production systems and recommend ways to optimize performance while providing solutions to, and reports on, identified problems.
- Coordinate with business analysts, project managers, and testers to administer code migrations in various environments and production outputs.
- Develop custom-based applications and assist with systems integration.
- Prepare maintenance plans and upgrade schedules for IHS applications.
- Maintain and update technical documents and procedures.
- Act as a first line of defence in identifying root causes of an application malfunction and resolving such issues.
- Customize and deliver internal training on developed applications.
- Provide technical support to teams within the organization, and to external clients when required.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related disciplines.
- Not more than 8 years’ work experience, with most recent 3-4 years in an application development and support role.
- Customer Focus
- Be Bold
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Power BI
- ERP – Microsoft AX D365
- Database Management Systems
- MS SQL Server
- Database Programming with PL/ SQL and T-SQL
- .NET Framework
- API Programming
- Web Service Programming
- Entity Framework and LINQ
- Windows Service
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th May, 2019.