Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited was established in 1981 with Registration No. RC 37125 as a limited liability company specialized in all kinds of Structural Steel fabrication design & erection to the civil construction and Oil & Gas Industries, development and manufacturing of various semi-trailers, rigid truck bodies, which enabled the company to deliver complete projects of steel structures coupled with civil engineering.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lorry Driver
- Logistics and general duties
Job Title: Maintenance Technician – Automation And Mechanical
- Enforce the safety policies, rules, regulations and Standard work Instruction of the Company.
- Preparing maintenance plan for all kind of equipment in the plant such as; Machines (according to the manuals).Cranes, Forklift, Generators, Welding machines and other Plant Equipments.
- Make the maintenance routine (daily, weekly & monthly) to all kinds of equipment in the plant.
- Lead the Mechanical maintenance team – train the employees, guide them and prepare them a daily work plan.
- Updating and adjusting the Mechanical maintenance plan according to changes that occurs from time to time and new equipment we purchase.
- Logs, monitors, and controls the dispensing of all tools used in maintenance activities. Must be able to quickly determine whether any tools are missing. Responsible for the safe transportation of tools within the facility.
- Assigns and inspects work of maintenance personnel. Coordinates the preparation of repair orders, equipment records, requisitions, etc.
- Conducts inspections to determine the need for repair and to estimate repair costs. Schedules preventive maintenance for all safety equipment and systems. Maintains logs of pending and completed maintenance activities. Prepares progress, status, and other reports.
- Performs limited administrative functions such as evaluating subordinate personnel work performances and reports.
- Controlling the production plan, and comparing the performance against the plan.
- Collecting maintenance data of all kind of equipment in the plant.
- Provide training, development and leadership to local mechanical maintenance personnel
Required Skills and Qualifications
- HND / B.Sc Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years experience in construction/fabrication industry as Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
- Additional technical trade courses desirable.
- Excellent Job task planning and organizing
Job Title: Sub-Contractor
- Fabrication, Welding & Erection of structural steel.
- Fabrication, welding – Truck, Tanker & Trailer Bodies building.
Job Title: Technical Manager – Project, Fabrication, Steel & Structural
- Direct and oversee construction projects from conception to completion while monitoring compliance with safety and construction regulations.
- Coordinate subcontractors and the construction team to meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status, daily progress, estimates, and deliverables.
- Negotiate agreement terms, manage construction contract drafts, bid on projects, and obtain permits to analyze and mitigate risks.
- Communicate with the responsible parties to ensure quality construction exceeds company standards and proper industry techniques and processes are utilized, while ensuring the client’s needs and wants are efficiently met.
- Review projects on a daily basis to ensure quality construction standards exist and estimates remain within budget.
- Supervise construction projects to ensure they are completed on time and exceed the customer’s requirements.
- Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the project process from hiring contractors to working with engineers, architects, and vendors.
- Coordination of the technical department staff activities in relation to generating project drawings, B.O.Q., tender submission and material take offs (MTO).
- Coordination of company projects from inception to completion at site
- Participate in the company drive in the implementation of the ISO 9001 and Quality Management System (QMS).
- Preparation of workshop drawings for various projects.
- Checks and approve construction workshop drawings of all projects for compliance with client’s specifications and standards.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Leadership, project, and time management skills
- Strong communication, planning and organisation skills
- Team player and ability to problem solving
- Time management.
- Excellent resource, planning, and time management skills
- Superior management and delegation capabilities
- High level of financial responsibilities preferred
- Sound technical knowledge of project drawings and interpretations
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical and Civil Engineering.
- Professional qualification will be added advantage.
- 5 – 10 years experience in Project management- fabrication and construction industry
Job Title: Assistant Steel Fabrication Manager
- Overseeing the production process
- Work closely with the Production Manager on a daily basis to assist with procurement and logistics
- Take daily report on each job you are assigned to do, and progress report on the workers result.
- Partner with project engineer and project team to ensure effective management of shop drawings.
- Ensuring that projects are completed in a cost effective and timely manner within quality guidelines
- Foreseeing and resolve potential problems before they happen
- Liaising with different departments to achieve operational objectives.
- Working with department heads to uphold and implement SCNL policies and goals
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers.
- Identifying training needs, and ensuring proper training is provided
- Produce accurate material take-off lists from shop drawings.
- Compile loading lists, plate take-offs and fitting sheets.
- Manage and coordinate shop drawings, ensuring they are current, have the correct paperwork attached, and are issued to the Workshop in timely manner.
- Check incoming purchase orders and actual materials/ goods received are correct
- Assist with production scheduling.
- Preparation of drawings to assist fabrication.
- Working on CNC plasma machine.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Leadership and management capabilities
- Adequate knowledge of the construction industry, current trends and best practices
- Experience in managing project operational activities
- Significant problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong communication and delegation skills.
- Strong understanding and interpretation of technical drawings.
- Continuous development in current trends and best practices in the construction & fabrication industry.
- Possess a relevant degree in Engineering/Accounting/Economics/Business Administration
- MBA and other additional qualifications would be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years experience in a similar role in a construction and fabrication industry
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.