The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Data Reporter
Division: Trading Business Division
Department: Market Services Department
Report to: Acting Head – Market Services
Grade: Assistant Officer – Assistant Manager
Estimated Date of Resumption: Monday, July 22nd, 2019
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange (The Exchange) serves the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The individual will employ technical knowledge and understanding of website management and electronic media to drive The Exchange’s data reporting strategy.
- The job holder will be required to leverage business analysis experience to produce high-quality analytical reports.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more.
- It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Market Data Reporter will utilize his understanding of the Exchange’s market data policies and guidelines to ensure Market Data reporting is done across approved electronic and print media platforms in a timely manner.
- Updates and publishes daily/weekly/monthly market data reports to various media platforms signed up to by The Exchange
- Engages internal stakeholders; Regulatory Technology, Market Data Auditors, Traders etc in generating data for analysis, visualization and storytelling
- Delivers innovative data reporting and analytics solutions, including self-service and web-based reporting and analytics solutions
- Seeks opportunities to align and improve market data reporting deliverables; identify inefficiencies and help create best in class processes
- Develops programs/solutions to support automation of ongoing market data reporting and analytical needs
- Leverages existing processes and technologies to develop a best in class consolidated reporting system across all the Nigerian Stock Exchange’s product lines
- Develops strong relationships with various media outfits- Print media, Television stations etc
- Provides quick analysis of major data releases and economic trends to a sophisticated financial audience and the general public
- Ensures Market Data Usage Reports are in compliance with The Exchange’s approved market data policies and guidelines
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Financial Management or a related field with at least 3 – 8 years’ relevant industry experience
- Professional membership/certification of relevant body is desirable.
- Experience in the financial services sector or capital markets is highly desirable
- Experience in media relations and Information Technology
- Experience in Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Experience working within the market data reporting function of a financial institution
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of securities and financial markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional report writing skills
- Strong researching skills
- Attention to detail
- Digital marketing skills
- Programming skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Knowledge of Securities and Financial Markets
- Strong Data Analysis Skills
- Digital Marketing Skills.
- Exceptional Report Writing Skills
- Strong Researching Skills
- Attention to Detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th June, 2019.