The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Requisition ID: req5397
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- The Procurement Assistant will assist the Procurement Officer in Mubi field office to coordinate all of the purchasing activities in his field site.
- He/She should focus on a customer-oriented service to Program Managers and other end users within the IRC structure.
- He/She should be aware that his/her role is critical to the success of the project cycle and as such should wherever possible deliver a high quality product in the shortest time possible and in a completely transparent and accountable way.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support in Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items, and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by senior supply chain Manager
- Ensuring that she/he assists the procurement Officer in carrying out Procurement in accordance to IRC and donor-specific polices.
- Support the procurement officer in attending all the procurement committee meetings when the procurement officer is unavailable or as mandated by the management
- Support in coordination with Finance, Admin and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- She/he will assist in ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipment’s required are delivered in time.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Procurement officer
- Position directly supervises: None
- Internal: Field coordinator, senior supply chain manager, procurement officer/ Assistant, Logistics Manager, Programs Managers, warehouse and asset officer, Administration and Finance Asst., Program staff, etc
- External: Suppliers, Business Leaders in the community
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
- Previous experience working within the management team of a large organization
- 1 year work experience in procurement.
- Holder of a valid driving license
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Ability to organize task, and identify priorities.
- Honest, responsible and in good physical condition to meet the demands of job.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets & Microsoft words
- OND/HND or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Supply chain / Procurement qualifications highly desirable
- One year relevant experience in related field is highly desirable
Tips to Consider:
- Assist in maintaining an IRC Pre-qualified Vendor database.
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive price list for goods, services and equipment’s purchased by IRC.
- Produce routine cash / payment projections for Procurement Officer and Finance.
- The position will work in the Mubi Field Office, Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply