FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Project Director
Location: Kano, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- The Project Director is responsible for overall aspects of program implementation and performance, both technical and managerial.
- The Project Director will manage the technical and administrative teams, with overall responsibility for overseeing coordination across results areas, coordination of decision making across key stakeholders, and supervision of partner organizations. S/he leads planning and implementation of work plans to ensure quality results.
- The Project Director will have overall responsibility in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, reporting, operations, administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, financial accounting, and overall client satisfaction.
- Oversee planning and implementation of project activities, including reporting, tracking of Performance Monitoring Plan and implementation of the project work plan;
- Supervise project technical and operations teams; and
- Supervise the recruitment, hiring, and supervision of all local staff and consultants.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work and are subject to modification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
- Responsible for daily oversight and direction of project activities;
- Develop and maintain positive relations with Ministry of Education officials and other government counterparts, DfID, local organizations and program partners;
- Build capacity of public and private sector institutions to ensure local ownership and sustainability of project activities;
- Communicate regularly with DfID to provide updates and progress reports;
- At least 5 years of experience in the education sector in West or Central Africa;
- Demonstrated experience in project design, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation, education reform and national-level quality improvement;
- Experience education programming is required; experience in teacher professional development and community engagement preferred;
- Must have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required; and
- Proficiency in oral and written communication in Hausa preferred.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent; PhD or EdD is preferred) in Education, Education Policy and Planning, Public/Business Administration, International Relations, other Social Sciences, or a similar relevant field;
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience managing complex international and donor-funded development projects, preferably with DfID;
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.