The Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Gashua, Yobe
- This is to inform interested prospective candidates that the Governing Council of the Federal University, Gashua, has declared that the post of the Registrar of the University will become vacant with effect from 18th February, 2018.
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the university and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day general administrative work of the university. He shall be the Secretary of the Governing Council, the Senate, Convocation and Congregation of the university.
- With such diverse scope of responsibilities, the Registrar is critical to the overall management of the university. The successful candidate will be required among other things, to train and give professional leadership to all administrative staff so as to ensure efficient and effective administrative performance.
A candidate for the post must:
- Possess at least a Second Class Lower degree in Social Sciences or Humanities from a recognized university;
- Be proficient in IT and be current in deploying it at the level required for efficient job performance;
- Be a member of relevant professional bodies e.g. NIM, IPMN, ANUPA;
- Possession of higher degree in relevant subject will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must have at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience in University administration;
- The applicant must currently have been at the rank of Deputy Registrar in a recognized university for a minimum of 5 years
- Candidate must not be older than sixty (60) years at the date of assumption of duty on appointment. He should also be of sound health.
- The applicant should be an excellent manager of human resources and a team player.
- He/she must be of sound judgment, pleasant disposition and unassailable integrity. The position requires a person with proven leadership qualifies nd good public relations.
Tenure And Conditions Of Service
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years only. Salary and other conditions of service including privileges and entitlements shall be as approved for Registrars of Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
Job Title: Director of Works and Physical Planning
Location: Gashua, Yobe
- The Director of Works and Physical Planning is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the Physical infrastructural development and maintenance of the university.
- He/She is responsible for the coordination and supervision of physical development of projects; ensure quality, standards and maintenance of structures and other infrastructures in the university
- The Director must be a person of high integrity who demonstrates transparency in public and private life as well as commands the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- He/She must also be receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into new projects in line with the phased physical development plans of the University.
Candidates should possess the following:
- Possess a good honours Degree in any field of Architecture, Building Engineering, Civil Engineering, Quantity Survey, Structural Engineering, Water and Soil Engineering from a recognised University with not less than twenty-one (21) years’ experience, eight (8) of which must be in a Tertiary Institution.
- Candidate must be a confirmed Deputy Director of Works or its equivalent for a minimum of three (3) years in a University system or Tertiary Institution.
- Candidate MUST be registered with a relevant professional body.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge with relevant packages.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward twenty (20) word processed Applications and twenty(20) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae with copies of credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and date of birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Present postal address/GSM numbers/e-mail address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications obtained with dates
- Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Working experience including full details of former and present post(s)
- Extracurricular activities
- Names and Addresses of three references; one of which must be a reputable Professional Librarian and another, the current or immediate past employer.
Applications should be forwarded to:
Federal University, Gashua,
P.M.B. 1005, Gashua,
Application Deadline 22nd August, 2019.
- Candidate’s submissions should be forwarded in a sealed envelope which should have the position applied clearly indicated on its left hand corner.
- Candidates should also request their referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover to the “Registrar, Federal University, Gashua”.