The Nigeria Climate Innovation Center (NCIC) is an initiative of a partnership program of the World Bank with the help of the Government of Nigeria. It was launched in September 2018, as the first the Climate Technology Programs (CTP) being established in Nigeria to support green growth through strengthening domestic capacity and financing for the transfer, development and deployment of innovative climate solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications and Knowledge Management Lead
- We are looking to hire a dynamic and amazing communications & knowledge management Lead to join our team in Lagos
- This person will provide in-house and – support services including knowledge, communications and media management and content development.
- Communications & Knowledge Management:
- Maintain and implement a communications strategy and plan, ensuring that it aligns with and supports the achievement of NCIC.
- Update NCIC website with content as required
- Create content for all social media platforms(Instagram, twitter, Facebook, etc.) and provide proactive and reactive updates
- Work closely with the senior management team to, write and update NCIC’s strategy and other key strategic resources (face-sheets, PowerPoints) as required.
- Provide support and guidance to colleagues to ensure project and donor communications obligations are met.
- Act as the lead brand manager, maintaining standards across materials, events, and other media
- Ensure that NCIC ’s work is accurately, regularly and compellingly represented internally and externally
- Lead the development of a monthly country-level newsletter.
- Provide editorial oversight and/or design, create, and maintain portfolio, program, sector, and cross-cutting theme factsheets, and targeting external stakeholders.
- Build capacity of project teams to produce well-documented narratives and infographics Inform and supporting learning activities, including field visits, focus groups, workshops, round-tables, and other events.
- Coordinate research activities, working with program teams to ensure timely and high quality execution of projects.
- Support the dissemination of research findings, including the creation of summaries and fact-sheets, and internal and external dissemination.
- As needed, lead or support the development of concept notes and funding proposals, coordinating the process with relevant technical, finance and operational staff.
- Ensure that proposals and concept notes are developed in a timely manner and with realistic deadlines.
- Participate in relevant communications-related working groups.
- Build the capacity and performance of staff and partners in developing success stories and multimedia and visual resources, maximizing the use of internal communications platforms, and increasing program and impact visibility, and any other areas of communication that are linked to donor branding/marking requirements.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of a digital communications resources library, for country-level access to fact sheets, success stories, lessons learned, communiqué’s, and any other relevant materials.
- Track country office visibility and communication initiatives: advise on the integration of communications plans into program work-plans; and support program teams to develop communications strategies and plans as per donor requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Social Science, Journalism, Communications, International Development or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in coordinating and producing written and audiovisual content for media and communication purposes.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Experience with Adobe’s design suite a plus.
- Demonstrated ability as a collaborator and facilitator.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Excellent graphics design skills and knowledgeable in the use of a variety of design software
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing and editing.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates must submit their portfolio AND a CV, which must be forwarded directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Communications and Knowledge Management Lead” clearly stated in the subject line.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received a response by 7th August 2019, please consider yourself as not having been shortlisted
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as our client strongly upholds a policy of non-discrimination against any person regardless of race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender or disability
Application Deadline 2nd August, 2019 (West African Central Time).