Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Temporary Guard
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the supervision of the Logistics officer, the guard is in charge of ensure the safety of the MdM staff (and their guests), the security of the goods, the quietly and the global hygiene of the building according to MDM rules
Security & control:
- Perform regular rounds around the enclosure MDM premises to prevent any external intrusion
- Informed as quickly as those in danger in case of intrusion and contacted his supervisor as soon as possible with the available means of communication
- Open and close the gate for inputs / outputs of individuals or vehicles
- Check the entry and exit of visitors in the secure area according to MdM rules ( permission from MdM responsible, filling entry/Exit book)
- Make sure that nobody enters the enclosure without permission and respect MdM rules (no weapon, registration…)
- Check that the access doors are closed during non- working hours
- Ensure that no MdM material comes out of the compound without permission from logistician
- Report any incident occurring during the shift and, in general, report any information relating to the safety of the mission
- In the end guard for awarding shift, carries a relief information by a physical inspection of the base to be note on notebook. Do not leave the base if the succession not arrived.
- Always wait for the next shift guard before leaving and never leave workplace and the premises unattended for any reason.
- Performs a safety device control so that it is firmly in place (closed doors, lights, fire extinguishers, radios, flashlights, generators, fuel reserves, water …), and if not, notify the line supervisor.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the country representative and Deputy Log base
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
- Médecins du Monde – France is a French humanitarian organization, involved in emergency, post-emergency and development programs in Yemen.
- The employee shall respect Médecins du Monde – France’s schedule and Terms and Conditions of Engagement for National Staff and is expected to be available anytime in order to answer to an emergency situation and be flexible and available beyond normal working hours if requested.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter explaining why you consider yourself suitable for this position and providing a valid email and telephone contact to: email@example.com using “Guard Maiduguri” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 26th July, 2019.
Job Title: Programme Coordinator (M/F)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- You will be in direct charge of the implementation of MdM intervention in Borno state
- You will guarantee that activities implemented through the project are in line with MdM’s strategy, policies and principles.
More Specifically, Your Responsibilities Are:
Context analysis and needs assessment:
- Ensure a close monitoring of the humanitarian situation in Borno in collaboration with the medical team
- Provide monthly updates on the humanitarian situation
- Inform on a timely basis the general coordinator about any specific situation in Borno which could lead to an MdM response or adjustment of the operational approach
- In case of deterioration of the humanitarian situation (mainly linked to new displacements of population or cholera outbreak), coordinate the deployment of the emergency response team
- Ensure that the implementation of the programme is in line with MdM commitments (contracts with donors)
- Support the pharma team for availability of quality drugs
- Ensure accurate budget control and overall responsibility for financial management of the programme
- Monitor expenditures and budget compliance on a regular basis
- Ensure regular communication between staff and departments involved in the programme
- Lead the development of the general strategy on MdM medical activities
- Make sure the different components of the programme are consistent and perfectly integrated and in link with population needs
- Support the team in the identification of partners, development of healthy partnerships, as well as capacity building
- Ensure the recruitment of the team and develop a positive management
- Carry out appraisals as per MdM standard requirements and procedures
- Support team members professionally, monitor and support stress management
- Pilot the nationalization process of key staffs and develop a culture of empowerment
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Make sure that all needed data of the programme are well collected on a monthly basis and integrated in MdM monitoring tool
- Contribute to the organization of external evaluation when requested
- Contribute to the preparation of the monthly MdM situation report
- Participate in the writing of donor’s activity reports and proposals
Coordination and Representation:
- Make sure that MdM programme team participates in relevant humanitarian coordination meetings (OCHA, clusters, pharma…)
- Proactively lead on external coordination with other health actors, (INGOs and UN agencies); actively build relations and establish information sharing channels to ensure MdM is well placed within the health response in Borno
- Develop constructive collaboration with authorities, such as Ministry of Health and the State Emergency Management Agency
- Make sure that communities understand MdM intervention, as well as their inclusion in the development of MdM strategy in Borno, and make sure that accountability mechanisms are in place
- Employee: Fixed-term contract
- Duration: 12 months
- Starting Date: September 2019
- Position based in Maiduguri with regular field visits
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Gross monthly salary: 3042 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost (home-work), vaccines and visas covered
- Medical or Public Health profile, confident with programme coordination
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (logical framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
- Proven ability to solve problems and lead teams through very challenging obstacles
- Good writing and communication skills
- Languages: English fluent (oral and written), French or Hausa is an asset
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience with an international NGO working in emergency contexts, managing programmes, preferably within the health sector
- Previous experience of project planning and budget holding, proposal and report writing
- Knowledge of the region is an asset
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply