The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Provide support in the preparation of request for internal purchases, order of office stationery and vehicle parts;
- Take minutes of meetings and handle confidential matter;
- Provide support in the updating of assets list;
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Provide support in the day to day administration of the office;
- Handle correspondence, photocopying, binding and other paper works;
- Provide support with travelling schedules and hotel reservations;
Qualification and Experience
- HND/B.Sc in Public Administration or related discipline with a minimum of three (3) years’ working experience performing similar role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficiency in the use of computer (Microsoft Office packages).
- Ability to drive and perseverance to work under pressure and good team work with supervision capacity.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and CV saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th July, 2019.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.