MEDA – Mennonite Economic Development Associates – is an international economic development organization whose mission is to create business solutions to poverty. Founded in 1953 by a group of Mennonite entrepreneurs, we partner with people living in poverty to start or grow small and medium-sized businesses in developing regions around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (Audio Content Producer) for Business/Market Information for Women and Youth Entrepreneurs and Small-Scale Businesses In Bauchi State
- The Consultant will be responsible for storyboarding the content to be approved by the Communications Officer/CD of the project, developing the content and seeing it through from pre-production to post-production.
- The Consultant will work collaboratively with Nigeria WAY’s Communication O fficer as well as with its external partners where necessary. This work will be supported by MEDA’s Media Advisory Committee who will review some of the materials where appropriate.
- MEDA Nigeria WAY is looking for a Consultant to be a Content Producer who can create and translate audio and visual content to Hausa and design radio programmes to support the project’s media and communication strategy.
- The media and communication strategy aims to provide business and market information to women entrepreneurs and small-scale businesses in the three value chains of Soy, Groundnuts and Rice.
- The project is supporting activities across a variety of agroprocessing activities with partners such as Association of Small Scale Agro Producers in Nigeria (ASSAPIN), and the Federation of Muslim Women Associations in Nigeria (FOMWAN) amongst others. These activities could provide a rich resource to develop information products that can provide market and business information for women entrepreneurs involved in agroprocessing activities in Bauchi.
- Develop overall mapping of content production that the project will engage in for the next year to meet women’s business and market information needs;
- Translate into Hausa six (6) material of 5 minutes each to be used as training material for technical and business development messages in audio form to be shared to women cooperatives;(30 minutes recording)
- Develop a 5 minutes episodic radio drama that will run for 4 quarters (52 Episodes) which will creatively integrate components of environmental issues, promotion of gender and equal opportunities. This will be the intro inserted into a weekly magazine programme through which women voices and issues can be heard in the Hausa language;
- Develop a 15 minutes analytical market information programme (in Hausa) with market information from information that will be received from BSADP for women listeners; to run for 52 weeks
- Produce 2 targeted social campaign messaging in Hausa around youth entrepreneurship and women’s empowerment;
- Develop business information on agro-technologies specific to women agro-processors.
- Proficiency in audio production
- Good communication skills with an ability to develop and present strong narratives.
- Excellent translation skills from English to Hausa (oral and written)
- Good collaboration skills, ability to think strategically and innovatively
- An attestable track record with experience in development media productions.
The proposals submitted will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Proposal must address the tasks listed above and align with MEDA’s key objectives of: Supporting women owned small businesses and female entrepreneurs with business and market information that they need to increase their business performance and improve their business environment.
- Demonstrated technical capacity and prior work experience in Market Information and Radio/audio Content production
- Experience integrating creative components of the environmental issues, promotion of gender and equal opportunities and information that will increase women and youth access to markets.
- Workplan and budget alignment with clear responsibilities, timelines and deliverables of the tasks listed.
- Describe how the Content Producer’s work will help improve business performance and business environment in Bauchi State.
- Gender and environmental responsiveness are important features of business that Nigeria WAY supports, so therefore any business or market information produced or translated must be tailored to build capacity of clients to adopt best practices in gender and environmental stewardship.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one-page Letter of Interest and CV with a brief description of similar work(s) done indicating the date, nature of exercise especially in development media production with the following attachment:
- Attach a pre-production, production and post production detail and budget.
- Attach a URL or links to past work.
The proposals (in PDF format) should be formally addressed to The Country Director, MEDA Nigeria WAY via: firstname.lastname@example.org using “RFP WAY CONTENT PRODUCER” as the Subject title
Application Deadline 11th August, 2019
- Any submissionwithout the title will not be attended to.
- All contracts will be negotiated, denominated and funded in Nigeria Naira.