Evercare, a reputable Group Health Fund is investing in Africa and Asia through a buy & build strategy of healthcare assets. As beneficiaries, the platform will consist of hospitals, clinics and diagnostics centers across the African and Asian Continent.This will be the first truly worldclass international healthcare provider in Nigeria.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility/Engineering Manager
Specialization (s): Engineering
Reporting: Directly to Chief Operating Officer
- To ensure smooth and cost-effective functioning of the Engineering & Maintenance Department across the hospital.
- Allocate workload and supervise department team members
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Prepare and manage maintenance budgets
- Implement safety policies and procedures for the department and ensure compliance
- Oversee hospital vehicles management
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Assist in recruitment and induction of engineering & maintenance team members
- Design training programmes for building competency of team members
- Develop and implement maintenance strategies, policies, standard procedures and methods
- Carrying out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Design cost-effective measures in maintenance expenditure and monitor expenses
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Coordinate maintenance and installation work performed by external vendors.
- Ensure efficient repair and servicing schedules for hospital equipment and machinery, keeping maintenance logs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports/records – Some of the records to be maintained are:
- Budget v/s actuals
- Operation review reports.
Education, Experience & Formal Training:
- Graduate/Diploma in Electrical/Civil/ Mechanical Engineering with more than 10 years’ experience in handling similar responsibilities.
- Experience in the health industry or hotel industry will be a plus.
- Working domain knowledge and good theoretical knowledge.
- Well versed in all maintenance processes and health and safety regulations.
- Must have a good knowledge of the organization to supervise the operations of the department; should have understanding of technical aspects of plumbing and electrical systems as well as carpentry and other crafts.
- Team leading, directing, supervising, motivating and coordinating with others.
- Should have good communication, counselling and interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have the ability to plan, organize, prioritize and direct the work of the other staff as well as administrative skills for budgeting and reporting/ presentations.
- Required – Close monitoring is required to ensure proper implementation and avoid major deviations from action plans.
- Can take independent decisions within the framework and guidelines.
- A proactive approach is required to lead the maintenance team.
Impact and consequences of errors:
- Improper planning could be detrimental to the organization’s growth.
Constant innovation and concentration required to ensure the growth of the organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st December, 2019.