Abt Associates – The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance – as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant/Program Assistant – SHOPS Plus Nigeria
Req Id: 60732
- Abt Associates seeks a Program Assistant to support a family planning project under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health
- The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas
- In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate public and private providers to scale up family planning, incluing Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) in Oyo and Akwa Ibom States.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Program Assistant will provide a full range of administrative support for technical team including:
- Providing timely administrative support to state teams
- Supporting the State Coordinator and Finance and Admin (F&A) Officer to manage office operations
- Working collaboratively with other technical staff and implementing partners at the state to ensure effective and timely program implementation
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the State Coordinator and F&A Offier as may be identified or assigned
- Preparing and managing schedules
- Official correspondence and follow-up
- Organizing logistics for training and other events
- Tracking budgets, managing cash advances and obtaining receipts
- Maintaining excellent documentation and filing
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills
- Previous experience with USAID projects or other agencies preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, at least 3 years’ experience providing administrative support for managers and/or teams
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communications skills in English
- Knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software
- ( 3+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.