Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Advocacy and Communications Assistant
Location: Dutse, Jigawa State
Start date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: Advocacy and Communications Manager, Dutse
- To Support the Advocacy Manager to Implement CDGP’s Advocacy and Communications interventions for CDGP Phase II at Jigawa State
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in organizing sensitization meetings, field visits with the state stakeholders to communicate the details of overall CDGP II programme objectives and activities with a specific focus on nutrition specific social protection.
- Support in the engagement of all relevant MDAs to actively participate in CDGP activities
- Ensure that all programme activities (including meetings, field visits and trainings) at State level are well supported and coordinated
- Work closely with the Advocacy and Communications Manager and Project Manager to undertake/support a range of lobbying, communication and other activities.
- Support the documentation and reporting of the Advocacy and Communications Interventions in Jigawa State
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support in the collection of data and information to be used for case studies.
- Capture, document and share good human interest case studies, programme lessons for wider dissemination to the advocacy and communications manager.
- Support for weekly progress reports on advocacy activities, outcomes, lessons learned, best practices and challenges as related to the project at the state levels
- Undertake additional task as requested by the Line Manager and Technical Supervisor
Internal & External Relationship
- Advocacy and Communications Manager Dutse: Direct report
- Advocacy Manager, Abuja: Technical support
- Project Manager: Collaboration and Coordination
- All relevant MDAs in Jigawa state
- Other partners: CSOs, Media, Local and INGOs
- Diploma/NCE in Mass Communication or any social sciences related discipline with a major in Community Mobilization preferred
- Any training on advocacy and Communications, social protection and Gender and Social Inclusion will be an added advantage
Skills & Experience
- At least 1 year experience in stakeholders engagement in the area of Advocacy and Communications
- Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO’s staff
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in photography
- Experience in Nutrition and community-based programmes,
- Experience in social protection and engaging Government
- Should have strong collaboration and networking skills.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Hausa, spoken and written
- Experience in the International Non- Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context
- Previous experience with behaviour change communication programming or mobilization
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger programmes
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN156,995 Per Month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 14th August, 2019.