Maurice Xandra Solutions is a management consulting company that renders quality services in Human Resource, Management and Process improvement. MXS Limited was set up to provide high quality, up to date training, team management and process improvement services for its clients.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Litigation Lawyer
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Gather evidence to formulate defence or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Familiarize with all procedural laws including Evidence Act (and Judicial interpretation of all provisions of the Act), rules of all appellate courts, Federal High Court, National Industrial Court, Lagos State High Court and any other court where briefs are assigned to counsel.
- Prepare and draft legal documents such as court processes, case reviews, legal opinions, wills, deeds, patent applications, mortgages, leases, contracts etc.
- Ensure all documentation prepared are error proof, grammatically and in other respect and to this end, at least one other team member must double check prepared processes for accuracy.
- Read all new decisions of the Supreme Court.
- Do a written analysis of every new court process filed in cases assigned to team and advise on impact and necessary reaction.
- Maintain a practice note which must add on a minimum of 15 new cases every month.
- Ensure a prompt reaction to every single Court decision given in cases being handled.
- Notify Clients, subject to supervisor/partner’s approval of every development in cases assigned to team.
- Read Judgments and decisions in all cases handled by the firm as such decisions are delivered.
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes subject to firm’s decision.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Make representations in court for Client’s businesses as required.
- Present evidence to defend clients or prosecute defendants in criminal or civil litigation.
- Study Constitution, statutes, precents/decisions of courts and other dispute resolution bodies, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases.
- Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
- Supervise legal assistants, and take responsibility to ensure all court processes are filed within time and service effected as required.
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
- Compulsorily prepare at least one article in a month on any topical legal issue and article must contain at least 30 research references.
- Develop specialties in at least 5 areas of legal practice.
- Respond to court processes that need a reaction at least 72 hours before deadline so as to enable adequate review before filing.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates that reside in Abuja are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 6th August, 2019.