Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a Maritime Company located in Lagos is looking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Superintendent
- Required to monitor the vessel movements daily.
- Supervise operations and monitor vessel condition and ship’s staff compliance with management policies, international, state or local Maritime regulations.
- Responsible for operational related issues and ensures all procedures are adhered to and comply with International safety management (ISM), classification society rules, and Maritime insurance.
- Protect company’s intellectual property & maintain confidentiality.
- Performing navigational, cargo and mooring audits and keep records as per company’s standards. Findings to be categorized and trends to be identified.
- Prepares inspection report (VIR) outlining observations and defects found on board inspected vessels.
- Close monitoring and follow up of vessel’s maintenance status.
- Issuing visit reports that include his remarks on the vessel’s condition, personnel (including level of cooperation) and equipment; makes recommendations for rectification of deficiencies or improvements to the existing situation.
- Verifying that safe working practices are followed in accordance to industry standards, current regulations and the CMS.
- Investigating accidents, incidents and serious near misses.
- To provide consultation / feedback to the Office regarding the development of instructions and procedures covering Office and Vessel operations.
- Review and approval of all deck and paints requisitions.
- Ensures that all vessels are supplied with proper mooring wires and ropes as per Company’s standards
- Maintain and promote navigational standards on board vessels.
- Arrange supply/renewal and proper certification of all safety, LSA and FFA. Maintenance of safety-related equipment and keeping of proper operational records.
- Supervising vessel’s commercial operations (tank cleaning, loading and discharging) in port and enroute; ensuring efficient and safe use of the equipment and compliance of the vessel with her commercial obligations.
- Checking Loading / Discharging / Ballasting plans and procedures, COW and Passage plans and all other operation-related forms.
- Checking the navigational operations on board Company vessels including updating nautical charts, publications and corrections.
- Min of B.Sc Degree in Marine Engineering or related field.
- Good awareness of industry/transportation trends, philosophies, best practice etc..
- Experience and knowledge of a wide range of offshore support vessels, Dynamic positioning systems, logistic vessels, Diving and Construction vessels, Semi-submersible and Jackup units.
- Min of 5 years’ experience in maritime or Oil and Gas Industry.
- Proven record of achievement within marine operations.
- Experience of multi-activity joint venture operations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word Format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using “Marine Superintendent” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be shortlisted
Application Deadline 25th August, 2019.