Microsoft Nigeria If you have unique experiences, skills and passions-and we believe you can bring them all to Microsoft for a rich, rewarding career and lifestyle that will surprise you with its breadth and potential. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go, and the difference you can make with the resources of Microsoft behind you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Job number: 678255
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel: 25-50 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
Microsoft Services (Depart)
- Microsoft Services helps our customers adopt and deploy Microsoft technologies efficiently and cost effectively, reducing the time it takes customers to realise value from their Microsoft investments.
- Our consulting business area is all about helping our customers achieve their organisational goals and make the market for our products by showcasing what is possible with our newest technologies.
- Project Managers are vital roles within Services tasked with taking ownership for delivery of one or more technology projects for our clients.
- Engagements with Microsoft Services range from two weeks to three years, encompassing anything from enterprise consulting to infrastructure architecture to large scale applications development.
- Typical projects that you will be responsible for managing will be larger and longer projects, 6-12 months in duration. Put simply, your role will be to deliver & delight our customers and enable them to realise their full potential through Microsoft software and services.
- The role requires circa 50% travel within the country of residence, and potentially to other countries and across the region.
- You will be responsible for delivery execution and predictable, successful high quality of delivery (accomplished on time, on budget and according to agreed scope) resulting in good customer satisfaction.
- Typical project budgets will be around $1 – $2 million and a virtual team size between 5-30 resources. Not all projects are huge in terms of budget or size but they are all complex and vary immensely depending on the technology being deployed, client and scope of work.
Key focus areas for us:
- Core project management skills – We need solid core Project Management skills including financial management, planning, scheduling, reporting, resource management, communications, risk management, dependencies, scope, time quality & budget.
- Technology – You will need to rely on your experience delivering complex, technical projects and the unique challenges faced with these types of projects. Specific technology is not so important (ideally Microsoft) but a good breadth of knowledge is essential.
- Flexibility & adaptability – This is a hands on project management role and will suit those individuals who are passionate about detailed project management. We need those prepared & motivated to get involved and rely on initiative, tenacity and focus to get projects across the line, exceeding expectations.
- Impact – We need people who can make things happen – you will need to re-plan, come up with fresh ideas, start again and stay positive when the pressure mounts. You will be communicating with senior stakeholders with very high expectations and we look for those focussed on outcomes and deliverables.
We need from you:
- IT delivery experience within an IT services/consulting company where you have delivered customer facing projects as part of an external IT service, in the role of day to day project management including staffing, milestones, cost management, deliverables.
- Excellent communications (up / down / peers)
- Experience in supporting contractual & commercial management and execution
- Executive relationship management
- Customer obsession
- Passion for technology: experience in either infrastructure, cloud and security is essential
- PMI PMP (or alike) Certified Project Manager desirable.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply