The Federal Government of Nigeria has applied for a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the implementation of Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The overall objective of the CSDP is to increase access of people (In rural communities) to improved Social and Natural Resources Infrastructural services in a sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to Communities and Groups.
Federal Capital Territory Community and Social Development Project ( FCT CSDP) now invites applications, from suitably qualified candidates from the public and private sector as well as within, for recruitment into the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
The Administrative Officer shall be responsible for;
- Management of personnel matters,
- Supervising clerical staff,
- Maintaining and operating an open and secret registry,
- Ensuring appropriate record keeping, filling and documentation of all Agency mails and correspondence,
- Managing all office utility services,
- Maintaining office assets, including vehicles, plants office premises, etc
- Secretary to Project Management Committee (PMC)
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a First degree in Social Sciences and Humanities with at least five (5) years relevant post-qualification experience. Computer literacy is compulsory.
- Experience in personnel, office management is necessary.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager (FAM)
- The duties of Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) shall be charged with the responsibilities for;
- Ensuring efficient running of the office and the maintenance of all office facilities;
- Processing and paying all bills salaries (etc) pertaining to the smooth running of the SA;
- Maintaining schedules of personnel, welfare and other personnel functions;
- Ensuring proper recording of financial transactions of the Agency;
- Generating adequate, reliable and timely financial reports for the GM and other departments;
- Preparing annual budgets and work plans for the SA;
- Processing and managing all fund disbursements as well as ensuring proper documentation to facilitate the release of funds from funding agencies to Communities;
- Liaising with banks, tax authorities, and other regulatory agencies on behalf of the SA;
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports on financial progress of micro-projects and COPS;
- Preparing quarterly Financial Management Reports (FMRS)
- Assisting the GM in the day-to-day running of the SA;
- Reviewing financial transactions of communities in line with General Guidelines issued by the SA, FPSU and Funding Agencies, and making reports to the GM; and
- Offering training and capacity building in the areas of financial management, record keeping, and other related matters to the Community.
Qualification and Experience
- A University degree or membership of professional association such as ACA, ACCA their equivalents or Higher National Diploma in Accounting or Banking and Finance with at least twelve years post qualification experience.
Job Title: Project Officer – IEC and Training
The Project Officer Information, Education and Communication/Training (P0 IEC/T) shall be responsible for;
- Supervise and carry out promotions and outreach programme to create awareness of SA activities.
- Facilitate the carrying out of advocacy for the CSDP at the state level through Information, Education and Communication (JEC) campaigns.
- Ensure linkage with relevant ministries/agencies on integrating collective action and mobilization of resources, for sectoral development plans. Undertake regular skill gap analysis of project staff, line ministries, LGRC and CPMC members and identify requisite training to address them. Supervise, in liaison with relevant SA Staff and line ministries staff all training delivery to CPMCs and LGRCs.
- Prepare budget estimates and annual work plan for training, information, education and communication activities of the SA.
- Maintain links with and update knowledge of other agencies’ programmes on advocacy, sensitization and awareness and communication. Be responsible for preparing periodic reports on progress in advocacy, mobilization and awareness, measured against the targets of annual work plans and legal funding requirements (e.g. IDA/donor requirements).
- Responsible for communication materials development.
- Organize learning events for stakeholders; Coordinate and facilitate CDD cross-learning events and information sharing amongst stakeholders. Any other duties as may be assigned by Manager, Operation.
- Monitoring and coordination of Information, Education and Communication activities.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Manager, Operations.
Qualification and Experience
- At least a first degree in Social Science, Natural Resources, Rural Environmental Development, Agricultural extension with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to training and social analysis, espcially rural appraisals.
- Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community level facilitation and mobilization is and added advantage.
Job Title: Assistant Project Accountant (APA)
The Assistant Project Accountant (APA) shall be responsible for;
- Assisting in preparing budget and work plan for the SA;
- Assisting to maintain the SA assets database
- Assisting to prepare monthly/quarterly reports in accordance with accounting reporting requirements
- Managing and controlling inventory and stores of the agency.
Qualification and Experience
- A University degree/HND in Accounting, Banking and Finance and/or their equivalents with at least five years post-qualification experience.
- Membership of Professional Association such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA, ANAN and knowledge of computer based accounting packages and experience in donor- funded or rural development project audit will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Ten (10) number of hand written Application each with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and delivered to:
The General Manager,
Federal Capital Territory Community and Social Development Project (FCT-CSDP),
No. 4 Ngozi Okonjo Iweala way
Old Arab Contractors’ Main Yard,
Opposite AEDC Office Utako District,
FCT – Abuja.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted
Application Deadline 20th August, 2019.