Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant -Procurement /Logistics
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Designation of Duty Station: Unaccompagnied/non-family duty station
Availability: 1st of December 2019 or earliest hereafter
- Supply Chain Assistant – Logistics & Procurement reports directly to the Support services team leader.
- She/he must be able to provide support to the SSTL to ensure rapid delivery of procurement and logistics needs for project implementation whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Support Assets Management:
- Maintain the records of Assets, Equipment for Abuja office, in line with the Assets recording system for the country program.
- Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorized, recorded and necessary paperwork exists as per the DRC policy.
- Ensure that all assets are properly maintained and looked after. Any misuse and abuse are reported to the Support services team leader and to the Supply Chain Coordinator – Logistics
Support Inventories and Stock Management:
- Ensure that all stock items are properly stored and correctly recorded as per the guidelines and the stores are well maintained.
- Ensure that the movement of inventories to or from the stores are correctly documented; authorized and file as per procedures.
- Inform the relevant Programme staff/managers upon the receipts and dispatches and coordinate with them.
- Allow requesters inspection of items upon delivery for quality
- Ensure stocks Reports are shared with the line manager monthly basis and per request.
- Do stock inventory and update stock report on a regular basis
Support Base and Guesthouse Management:
- Ensure office and Guest Houses are well maintained. Cover all Electricity, Plumbing and Carpentry needs
- Organizing Dislodging and Waste disposal in all locations
- Engage and Supervise work of suppliers
- Maintenance and repair of A/Cs
- Updating daily vehicle movement schedule and records and assigning of all mechanical transport as required.
- Compile regular fuel consumption reports and monthly vehicle utilization analysis
- Arrange for transportation of goods as required and ensure accurate documentation maintained.
- Arrange for the distribution of programme supplies as per plan and coordinate with programme teams.
- Ensure safe transportation of programme mail pouches to the field offices and the relevant procedures are adhered to by the drivers and mail carriers.
- Ensure internet is operational at all times, and breakdowns are addressed without delay.
- Ensure that software and licenses are in place and in line with SCI IT policies and guidelines.
- Ensure back-up of document in office and support field offices in doing the same.
- Hardware management and maintenance IT equipment.
- Local access to all computers including printers, and Internet Access.
- Reduce outsourcing IT services, such as printers and photocopiers wireless connectivity and preventive maintenance.
General Work and Filing:
- Implement standard DRC logistics systems and procedures
- Ensure health and safety policy is implemented and matters related to are reported to the designated responsible manager.
- Provide technical inputs on procurements related to vehicles, generators & power systems and other technical items required for logistics operations.
- Ensure all paperwork is kept according to DRC’s policies and procedures of and filed neatly with supporting documents in respective files.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by line manager, where they do not contradict the organization’s policies.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in Logistics/procurement, Supply Chain, Fleet Management, IT
- Knowledge & experience in dealing with service providers
- Very good IT skills
- Understanding of procurement, warehousing, supply chain, fleet management & inventory.
- Experience in working with NGO/INGOs
- Availability: As soon as possible
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- The position is for Nigerian nationals only.
- DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
- Applications sent/received after the closing date specified up will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants who are invited for written test and oral interview will be contacted
Application Deadline 27th September, 2019.