Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- USAID has selected Palladium to implement the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.fi) award. DFI is a $180 million, 5-year project which will serve as USAID’s primary mechanism for data, technology, and health information systems to support HIV activities across strategic PEPFAR countries. Data.fi is part of a suite of large-scale global HIV programs that USAID has recently awarded and represents the next generation of HIV/AIDS programs. Data.fi will play a key role in USAID’s goals of helping partner countries on their Journey to Self-Reliance and transitioning local organizations to prime recipients of USG funding.
- The overall goal of the Data.fi project is to improve global, regional and national in-depth analyses of HIV epidemiologic and program data that can be directly applied to expedite the achievement of PEPFAR targets to attain and sustain control of the HIV epidemic.
- The focus also includes directly supporting host country governments and implementing partners to further enhance existing health information system platforms to inform management responses to well-defined gaps in HIV/AIDS programming. In order to ensure rapid access to high quality data, Data.fi will work towards: accelerating data utilization to rapidly course correct and take to scale cost-effective and impactful activities, models and approaches required to attain and maintain HIV epidemic control; scaling and optimizing in-country health information system capabilities to collect, exchange, adapt, govern, and visualize information in order to track the attainment and maintenance of HIV epidemic control; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners by 2020.
- The Finance Manager is a full-time position to support the local activities and oversee the Nigeria Data.Fi project finances through an office based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- This position is responsible for managing and directing the finance, accounting and financial administration and reporting of the project, including budget administration, accounting, banking and cash management and financial reporting.
- The position reports to the Chief of Party on a day-to-day basis with specific financial reporting to the Finance & Operations staff at Palladium’s US health practices area in Washington, DC.
- This position will also supervise the Finance & Admin Assistant located in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Oversee day-to-day financial management and accounting for the projects; maintains and manage financial accounts in coordination with Director and the Palladium DC office;
- Assist in Establishing, maintaining, and updating organizational financial policies and procedures to guide the work of project staff and management;
- Prepare and track project budgets and budget projections; reviews expense reports, vouchers and payment requests, including proper back-up documentation to ensure compliance with established Palladium systems and the client’s rules and regulations;
- Work with the local COP, Activity Manager (AM) and Project Implementation Manager in Washington DC to develop annual budgets, projections, financial plans, costing estimates and monthly cash forecasting;
- Maintain and oversee internal controls; prepares estimates of monthly cash requirements for HQ; coordinate with the Project Delivery Manager from Palladium DC; manage project bank account, reconciles monthly accounts and bank statements; submits receipts and invoices;
- Participate in regular meetings (phone or Skype) with Washington DC Program & Operations staff to discuss financial items;
- Ensure field vouchers are prepared accurately, supporting documents are in place, and all transactions are coded in accordance of chart of accounts and project charge code(s).
- When applicable, assist with an internal or external audit activity
- Establish processes and systems to manage, disburse and oversee small grants, as required.
- Maintain regular communication with the senior management team at HQ by providing relevant and timely financial information for planning and decision making purposes;
- Ensure timely payments to staff, consultants, and vendors;
- Work closely with Operations to implement monthly payroll accurately and on time, keep accurate and updated records and conducts regular reviews of staffing financial information;
- Oversee payments to vendors and contractors, consultants and other relevant parties and ensure that proper documentation is present; tracks all tax withholding information that is readily updated and available to project leadership;
- Ensure employees’ Travel Expense Reports (TERs) and Travel Advances (TAs) are submitted on time and reconciled properly;
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely financial records; prepares and submit monthly financial reports as directed by Director in timely manner; and supporting documents are filed appropriately in hard and soft copies.
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be directed
- A Bachelor’s Degree (minimum), or a master’s Degree (desirable), in Accounting, Business Management, or other relevant field.
- At least 8 years of work experience in broader finance and operations management with an international organization and USG contracts preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics).
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Proven experience in managing expenditure within budget.
- Experience directly managing finance and administration staff persons.
- Proven problem identification and resolution experience with budgeting, forecasting, banking, tax authorities, foreign currency transactions, and other related issues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Applications Deadline 20th September, 2019.