Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Manager, Technical Talent
- You are an inspirational people manager and a thoughtful, data-driven leader of program designers and program managers
- You thrive when providing coaching and defining structure for growing teams
- You understand that what gets measured is what gets achieved and you balance a ruthless focus on the numbers with a willingness to explore, test, and pilot innovations that create opportunities to 10x existing initiatives.
- You are deeply aligned with Andela’s core values and believe strongly in developing and investing in diverse communities of talent
- Inclusivity and impact are two of your driving forces. You care for, believe in, and understand the future of Africa’s technology scene are comfortable talking the talk with global technologists and are committed to leadership in support of others.
About the Senior Community Manager, Technical Talent Role:
- You will be responsible for leading, building, and maintaining Andela’s talent pipeline and pre fellowship initiatives (internally and externally) and scalable programs that attract a broad, diverse group of aspiring African Technologists and prepare them for the Andela Fellowship as well as other opportunities in the global economy
- Leading the community and owning the brand of Andela, to attract new community members and fellows to the organization. Build and own country specific and regional strategy, outreach and messaging for Community-at-large
- Build models, metrics of success and growth strategies, ensuring long-term success and growth of our community.
Developer Ecosystem Engagement:
- Define community building and engagement strategy for the region.
- Create opportunities to engage with relevant partners in a way that generates maximum value for our community.
- Driving meaningful engagements with key stakeholders within the wider ecosystem.
- Stimulate advocacy, oversee production and deliver Community engagement material.
- Develop programs and material to facilitate contribution on-ramp.
- Represent the organization at conferences, organize / deliver Meetups
- Create programs to increase organization’s brand awareness for decision makers and developers in our ecosystem.
- Manage and optimize outreach budget across community engagement, advertising, content marketing, events, etc
- Build Andela community pipeline and ensure that it’s active and sustainable to track performance of the community members.
- Drive increasing Community engagement in our members through Open Saturdays, Pre-bootcamp workshops etc..
- Design systems that enable enough facilitation hours to effectively invest in learners to get them fit for fellowship
- Iterate program design and program management methods to improve efficiency and scale reach 10x+
Community Management would determine business requirement and business goals for service relationships both internally and externally. Product Managers for the Supply chain which involves designing the product specs and processes to hire the best developers for the fellowship
- Prospective Candidates
- Andela Partners
- Community members
- Media team
- Partnerships Team
- Bootcamp Team
- People and Culture Team.
- Marketing Team
- Operations Team
- Curriculum Team
As the idea candidates for this role you should have:
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant managerial experience and strong leadership skills.
- Deep understanding of the Lagos Developer Ecosystem will be a plus (other notable community experience will be accepted)
- Understanding of how to leverage technology and build scalable systems, programs, and team without compromising quality;
- Have outstanding written and spoken communication skills as well as good listening skills.
- Are a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Have a high level of attention to detail and organization
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status