INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychologist
Location: Roving (Borno)
Reporting to: GBV/MHPSS Specialist
General Purpose of the Position
- Provide specialized services and individual psychological support for people with moderate to severe mental and/or emotional disorders in the different areas of intervention.
- Provide technical support to protection staff to implement sound psychosocial support (PSS) activities for children and adults.
- The Psychologist is responsible for providing psychotherapy services to beneficiaries in need of MHPSS services to ensure quality of mental health and psycho-social services (MHPSS) in the fields
Main Responsibilities & Tasks
- Assist cases with identified mental or emotional disorders referred internally or externally
- Carry out evaluation of mental health needs of patients/beneficiaries and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment following WHO mHGAP approach and INTERSOS case management protocols. Referring cases to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient’s condition
- Work in close collaboration with technical staff (Protection Coordinator, Medical Coordinator, GBV/MHPSS Specialist) for the development of the project’s overall MHPSS component. Reviewing and developing the technical materials, tools, guidelines and documents, and coordinating and ensuring the implementation of all MHPSS standard protocols and procedures set by INTERSOS in order to provide the most appropriate case management.
- Provide coaching and support to the field staff in the implementation of structured MHPSS activities
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles, including but not limited to: do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality, accountability and need-to-know principles
- Establish and maintain collaborative relations with relevant partners and other project stakeholders working in the project areas
- Proactively participate in relevant coordination meetings, as requested by the supervisor
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to beneficiaries in need according to INTERSOS, mHGAP and other standards protocols in order to improve their Psycho-social and mental health conditions
- Document progress on cases, maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent, and ensure that data protection protocols are respected
- Assisting and training staff members (protection and health) and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MHPSS activities. Facilitate trainings for internal staffs and communities on psychosocial first aid (PFA)
- Strengthen community based psychosocial support and peer support group activities
- University degree in Psychology, professional Clinical Psychology License
- Professional Experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, including at least one year in NGO providing psychotherapy services
- Fluency in English and Hausa;
- Professional Requirements
- High degree of skill in psychological assessment and evaluation.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, outlook)
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Respect and adherence to protection principles
- Capacity to work under pressure, flexibility
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Candidates interested in this position should complete the online application form and attach their CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
- Please note that only applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- Please note that INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment
Application Deadline 23rd September, 2019 (Time: 4:00PM)