The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radio Operator (CMC Technical Assistant)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full-time
- NRC is looking for a Radio Operator for Centre for Monitoring and Communications for our area office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Radio Operator (CMC Technical Assistant) is to implement CMC activities in Maiduguri and support the implementation of CMC activities in the field offices
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- Radio Operator (CMC Technical Assistant) reports to the Team Leader Centre for Monitoring and Communication (CMC).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor all NRC movements in Borno State, including travels across mission filed office in the North East, and other parts of Nigeria
- Ensure proper collation and storage of Information
- Ensure that all NRC CMC users comply with proper communications procedures
- Monitor open source channels (TV, radio, social media, etc) collate and store relevant information and update the CMC Team Leader and Security Team accordingly.
- Receive Staff Feedback Forms and collate information for daily follow up by Team Leader
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri, knowledge of other local languages in Borno State is an added advantage
- Experience with start-up communications room
- University Degree in any field, preferably in Security Management
- Knowledge of the context in North East Nigeria
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
We Can Offer
- Duration: 3 Months (Renewable
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions of Grade level 4 Step 1
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An Approved Medical certificate of fitness will be requested before contract start.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
Note: Nigerian Nationals only
Application Deadline 19th September, 2019.