INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Monitoring/Outreach Team Leader
Reporting to: Protection Officer
Supervision of: Outreach team
General Purpose of the Position
- Under the direct supervision of the Protection Officer, the Protection Monitoring/Outreach Team Leader will be primarily responsible for ensuring the overall implementation of activities related to outreach and monitoring and respond to the protection/human rights situation of people affected by the crisis in the assigned field locations, while meeting quality standards
Main Responsibilities & Tasks
- Directly supervision of Outreach team and Protection Monitoring activities;
- Under the supervision of the Protection Officer, Coordinates with the Case Management Team on conducting the protection monitoring assessments;
- Manages all the data and information collected through Protection Monitoring and Outreach related activities and submit regular reports;
- Combine the protection cases identified by the teams to be referred, under the supervision of Protection Officer;
- Ensure dissemination of clear and reliable information on service provision and other pre-selected key topics;
- Organize and guide the team in conducting Focus Group Discussion, risk mapping and community sessions on relevant protection topics, under the PIM (Protection Information Management) framework;
- Submit weekly and monthly activity plans, reports and recommendations;
- Represent the organization at field coordination meetings and with other stockholders when requested.
- Conduct regular field participatory protection monitoring and assessments, using as much as possible an age, gender and diversity approach, in order to fully understand protection concerns and priorities and in line with PIM (Protection Information Management) guidelines;
- Inform and organize the teams about activities to be conducted;
- Enhance and facilitate discussion on main protection concerns and response capacity within the displaced and the host communities.
- Identify and assess the needs of the most vulnerable individuals, particularly women at risk, and the available response opportunities in accordance with set guidelines, plans and schedules;
- Facilitate and Conduct vulnerability assessment and identify cases for assistance according to pre-defined criteria;
- Diploma or previous experience related to protection monitoring and outreaching ;
- Minimum two year work experience with international/national NGOs and/or local authorities in the Nigerian context;
- Excellent computer literacy especially on Excel;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability and motivation to work well with local authorities, local leaders and local community;
- Willing to work extra hours and available on weekend for emergency cases;
- Capacity to work under pressure and willingness to work and live in a complex context;
- Fluency in English, Kanuri and Hausa;
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of data collection and analysis and related tools (kobo);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Leadership, people management and coaching skills;
- Highly motivated, flexible, reliable and trustworthy
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Candidates interested in this position should complete the online application form and attach their CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
- Please note that only applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- Please note that INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment
Application Deadline 23rd September, 2019 (Time: 4:00PM)