Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast-growing B2B/B2G Fintech Platform Holdco Company with six subsidiaries, two platform entities and a suite of shared services offered to all subsidiaries. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk-taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- The Senior Dev Ops Engineer will be tasked with the management and development of continuous integration and deployment solutions for production applications across various sites/software.
- Spearhead the creation of new technology infrastructures and maintain configuration management and automation tools.
- Assist the development teams in the deployment and monitoring of applications based on technologies such as C#, Java, Python, Ruby, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgresql, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Filebeat, Kibana, and RabbitMQ.
- Coaching the engineering development department personnel in the workings of reusable tools and patterns, for example, reusable deployment code for Jenkins, Octopus, Ansible, and Docker.
- Keeping up with industry best practices and trends on behalf of the Automation/Dev Ops department and the larger engineering department
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field
- At least 5 years of working experience in a DevOps capacity, preferably as a DevOps Engineer
- Experience with Jenkins, Windows Server, NGINX, Apache, Bash, Powershell, IIS, Linux, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgresql, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Filebeat, Kibana, and RabbitMQ.
- Ability to work closely with other engineers, product managers, and customer support
- Experience automating and managing large-scale infrastructure and have significant familiarity with Docker/Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Powershell DSC/Kubernetes. The candidate will have had vast experience in systems automation, orchestration, deployment, and implementation
- Must be highly analytical and effectively able to troubleshoot and prioritize needs, requirements and other issues.
- Excellent communications, teamwork, and conflict management skills.
- Speed and versatility
- Values others, and cultures
- Self-starter and Acts with integrity.
- Attention to details, decisiveness, good judgment, strong organization skills, good written communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, e-mail applications and using the internet;
- Ability to succeed in fast-paced environments at a high-growth company; comfortable with tight timelines; possessing a sense of urgency.
- Ability to find creative solutions to problems combined with a willingness to do what one must to ensure timelines & goals are met.
- Focused, diligent and task-oriented
- Must have exceptional follow-up skills and be able to maintain focus while multitasking.
- Ability to maintain composure and communicate effectively under stress
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative in pursuing departmental functions
- Gets things done! Execution oriented
- Flexibility is important.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality.
Competitive based on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply