The Federal Polytechnic Nekede – Established in 1978 as the College of Technology Owerri changed to The Polytechnic Nekede, in 1987 further renamed Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, by the Federal Polytechnic Act (Amendment) Decree No. 5 of 1993. Its programmes are duly accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the below:
Job Title: Bursar (CONTEDISS 15)
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer/Chief Financial Officer of the Polytechnic who shall be responsible to the Rector for the administration and control of the financial affairs of the Polytechnic.
- A good honours degree or HND in Accountancy or Finance from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning, with at least fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experienceof which at least five (5) uears must be in a tertiary institution, plus a professional qualification in ICAN/ANAN.
- The candidate must be physically fit and morally sound. He/She must also have sound human relationship, be competent, have integrity, and show evidence of efficient management of human, financial and material resources.
- He/She must not be above age of sixty (60) years at the time of assumption of duty.
- Anyone who is not a Chief Accountant for at least five (5) years in a Polytechnic or similar institution need not apply.
Terms of Appointment/Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a single tenure of five (5) years beginning from the date of appointments and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointments.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointees shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
- The Polytechnic Bursar plans, organises, directs and co-ordinates the operations of the Financial System of the Polytechnic.
- He/She is also the Head of the Bursary Division of the Polytechnic.
Deadline: 14th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to attach to their applications, twenty-five (25) typewritten copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Names (Surname first and underlined),
- Date and place of birth.
- Nationality and how acquired
- State of origin and Local Government Area.
- Marital Status.
- Number and ages of children.
- Current postal address including telephone number and e-mail address.
- Educational institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional qualifications obtained with dates.
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Work experience in chronological order.
- Present Employment including status. Salary, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Statement of own Vision for the Polytechnic (25 Copies).
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees who are to forward confidential report directly to the Registrar/Secretary to Council, Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, Imo State. Such referees who must be very reputable Nigerians should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Application for the Post of Bursar” at the top left hand corner, addressed to:
Federal Polytechnic, Nekede,
P.M.B. 1036, Owerri,
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted. Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.