INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Location: (Bama, Dikwa, Ngala and Magumeri), Borno
Starting Date: ASAP
Reporting to: Clinic Supervisor
General Purpose of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Health and Nutrition Manager, s/he will provide professional technical advice input in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, existing and validated protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and/or inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting protocols in targeted HF and in mobile clinic activities.
- Knows and ensures all medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected
- To assess and make the necessary arrangements for patients who need advanced care that is not available at INTERSOS health facility and have to be referred.
- Assist in response and management of any health and nutrition emergency and participate in the development of disaster preparedness systems.
- Promote mother infant and young child feeding best practices in various health facilities.
- Participate actively in planned program Rapid Health and Nutrition assessment/surveys.
- Review personnel issues and concerns of health and nutrition staff and assist with determining and implementing solutions.
- Participate in recruitment of health and nutrition program staff as appropriate.
- Supervise the use of materials, equipment and supplies for the intervention.
- Identify opportunities for program development
- Bachelor’s university degree in Medicine and Surgery from an accredited university.
- Professional experience
- Two years of relevant professional work experience, including in a developing country, in public health and nutrition.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, power point presentation etc.)
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Manages effectively his own time as well as flexible and available to work over time when needed
- Willing to be deployed to the newly liberated local government areas.
- Fluency in English, Kanuri and Hausa;
- Personal requirements
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
Deadline: 15th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates interested in this position should complete the form above and attach CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
- ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.