Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Description of the Position
Data and tools management:
- The database officer is in charge of:
- The design and management of operational and M&E databases
- Maintaining updated program databases
- Entering data provided into the appropriate software
- Ensuring the security of computer data
- Attend the training of field staff about the new tools developed
- Support the teams in the analysis of information and data gathered
- Archive paper, electronic data and reports and making them available to the teams, on request
- Maintain updated location maps for Solidarités International activities by using ArcGIS, QGIS and Power-bi
- Prepare, on request, maps to illustrate the reports
- Support analysis and decision making through a relevant mapping of the humanitarian situation.
Reporting / Communication:
- Keep tools and files archived and secured at the offices of Solidarités International accessible to his/her line manager
- Participate in collaboration with the program team and M&E teams in the analysis and processing of data
- Participate in collaboration with program team and M&E teams in the production of graphs based on the data collected.
- Bring to light any difficulty linked to his or her activities, to the programs of Solidarités or security concerns
Management of the Complain Response Mechanism:
- S/he will be responsible for properly handling the SI’s CRM and will ensure that each call is recorded in the CRM database;
- Track basic statistics and trends from the data, in collaboration with the base MEAL departments.
- Prepare updated figures and information requests, as requested by MEAL coordination.]
- Degree in Statistics/IT/Computer Sciences.
- Minimum of 2 years of computer based software development and data/information management
- NGO Experience in MIS/Data Management and MEAL Component
- English (Hausa – Added Advantage).
- Excel, Access, Power BI, Mwater, SPSS, Other statistical packages
Deadline: 13th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- When the above link opens, select “Database Officer – Maiduguri”, fill the form and attach your CV
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.