Amadeus Group – Way back in 1987, Amadeus was created to solve a common problem shared by airlines; how to sell seats more easily, more internationally and more cost effectively. Amadeus created the solution. It was about innovation.
We evolved creating new systems and developing new solutions. We’re one of the world’s 15 largest software companies and we are growing, making travel, tourism and hospitality more rewarding for people and business everywhere. 1.3 billion passengers boarded, 595 million bookings processed, €700 million invested in R&D…This is Amadeus and that was just in 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Branch Manager
Req ID: 91070
Job Type: Permanent
Summary of Role
- As a Branch Manager you will manage a portfolio of Amadeus small and medium accounts in the northern region of Nigeria by designing and building a winning strategy to effectively coordinate and grow these accounts into revenue generating streams, ensure retention and account development in accordance with company commercial policies and guidelines.
- SME Travel Agencies (Small and Medium Travel Agencies)
- SSTA Travel Agencies (Single Site Travel Agencies)
In this role you will:
- Maintain a high level of current knowledge of the product portfolio and the benefits of specific products for each targeted customer segment as well as of other segmentrelevant information (trends, strategy, competitors, pricing, etc.).
- Target prospects and customers with low Amadeus share of wallet
- Identify and prioritise business opportunities/leads.
- Ensure that the CRM is updated
- Identify and prioritise business opportunities/leads.
- Participate in related events and fairs to hunt for new leads
- Identify customers’ specific needs
- Deliver sales presentations to Senior Management, demonstrating our solutions/their value
- Develop and submit commercial offers, ensuring the correct pricing along business case.
- Collaborate with relevant interfaces. Contact decision making actively.
- Deliver expected sales volume and profitability
- Be uptodate on all market requirements and products needs on the market.
- Guide the Customer Solution teams to define targeted & personalized solution offerings to key customers.
- Lead/Manage negotiations to closure in order to convert prospects into active new customers.
- Thoroughly understand customer drivers, needs and requirements to develop, build and execute winning account strategies and customer value propositions
- Build strong and lasting relationships at all levels, focusing on decision makers and influencers
- Keep abreast of market developments, maintain awareness of market trends, customer needs and competitor initiatives and devise strategies to optimally utilize market opportunities.
- Liaise with the team members and the internal departments at negotiation and dealclosing phases in order to ensure smooth and correct customer activation.
- Comply with objectives set by Head of Sales, achieving expected revenue, profitability, and satisfaction levels in portfolio.
Internal Reporting & Knowledge Sharing:
- Provide weekly and monthly planning and reporting on activities to Head of sales.
- Transmit relevant client, market and competitor information, as well as product functionality requirements to the relevant internal departments.
- Maintains communication between the branch and management by preparing daily, weekly, and monthend reports regarding operations and productivity.
- Schedules, supervises, and motivates branch staff in an effort to maintain optimal customer service satisfaction levels.
- Coaches staff to fulfill business plan goals.
- Assists in evaluating staff’s work performance by helping to prepare and deliver annual reviews and performing coaching sessions.
- Monitors quality of service for members, and ensures that employees are maximizing opportunities to sell products.
- Assists in managing the security and safety of the branch, by analyzing security and safety policies and procedures. Alerts staff of any changes.
- Advise the Head of sales on retention of overperformers and rapid intervention of underperformers.
- Accountable for daytoday operations of the branch.
- Maintains communication between staff and the Head of Sales & Marketing.
- Provides support, guidance, and training to staff as necessary.
Interfaces: collaboration with internal departments:
- Sales Support role:
- Transmit customer demands in order to formalize them in contracts.
- Ensure the collection of product and service fees by relevant department.
- Assist in the resolution of all customer implementation issues or questions that may arise.
- Key Metrics:
- Acquisition: Air booking. Acquisition/ Migration targets
- Development: Air and NonAir Booking Development and Migration targets
- Retention: Retention target (as percentage of total portfolio)
- Profitability: Net Revenue per booking
- Market share: growth
- Brand perception & preference
- Customer satisfaction & loyalty.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- University Degree in Sales & Marketing or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 7 years of selling experience
- Must have experience in managing small teams.
- Analytical skills and problem solving
- Management / coaching techniques for driving commercial teams
- Able to define and implement the Commercial strategy and track the effectiveness of the team
- Should have good problem solving capabilities as well as customer focus and project management skills.
- Language: English and local language fluent.
- Solid PC skills: Power Point / Excel / Word
- Selling solutions (consultative selling)
- Good understanding of the travel industry.
Specific product knowledge:
- Should be familiar with selling processes and pipeline management system
- Good knowledge on Amadeus products and services is a plus
- Should have a good understanding of IT and technology at functional level, enough to understand client needs and technology implications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply