The National Institute of Construction Technology and Management, Uromi, Edo State is a Federal Polytechnic with the functions of providing technology, training and development of techniques in Applied Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Business Studies, as welt as other spheres of learning.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Uromi, Edo
- As a financial controller, the Bursar shall advise on all financial policies including budgetary matters, purchasing and contracts, pensions and gratuity, loans and insurance and any other financial matters as may be- referred to him from time to time by the Rector and the Council.
- The Bursar is the head of the Bursary department in the Institute. He is responsible to the Rector in the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the Institute.
Qualification and Experience
- In addition, he must have a recognized professional membership qualification such as ACA, ICAN, ACCA, ANAN, etc. with at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience or a Master’s Degree in MBA finance or other related discipline or Fellowship of any professional Accounting Body with at least five (5) years post qualification cognate experience. Work experience in an Institution of higher learning is an added advantage.
- The applicant should possess a good honours degree or HND in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or other relevant disciplines.
- The candidate must be competent to take quick financial decisions on matters of financial resources management of the Institute in realization of the cardinal objectives of teaching, research and community service and must foresight in the internal generation of funds.
- Candidates for the position of Bursar must have exhibited in the past considerable degree of competence in his profession and high integrity.
Terms of Appointment
- The salary attached to the position is consolidated with other benefits as comparable to that in other similar Institutions of higher learning in the country.
- The appointment is for a term of five (5) years only.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 20 copies of their Applications / Curriculum Vitae, giving information in the order listed below:
- Full Names
- Post desired
- Date of Birth
- Two (2) Recent Passport Photographs
- Place of Birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address (Not PO.Box or PM.B.)
- Current Postal Address (including GSM number and email address)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications with Dates where Applicable.
- Publications and books where necessary
- Working experience, general and specific experience with dates
- Details of administration experience and service to the community (with dates)
- Present employment status, salary and employer
- Extra curricula activities.
- Names and addresses of three referees (two of whom must be professional authorities in relevant fields) who must be requested by the applicant to forward their confidential report the address provided below.
Applications are to be marked “Confidential for the attention of the Ag. Head, Registry” at the top left-hand corner of the envelope and sent to:
National Institute of Construction Technology and Management,
Uromi – Edo State.
Note: Late application will NOT be entertained. Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Application Deadline 21st February, 2020.