AgroMall Discovery and Extension Services Limited is at the intersection of digitised agricultural production support, digitised agricultural extension and digital financial services. We integrate agricultural economics, agronomy and quality control with financial services on our digital platforms turning them into powerful tools in the hands of our agents and farmers for improved farm production and financial inclusion of the rural economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Lagos Nigeria
Department: Business Development, Marketing and Communications
Job Status: Full Time
Where you fit in
- We are committed to change the world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into people’s lives, everywhere through agriculture and technology.
- We are passionate about our mission, and excited to grow our company with people who want to do the same – and people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and company. If this is you, we encourage you to swim into our candidate pool!
- As a business development manager, you’ll be concerned with improving and growing a business, by fostering and developing relationships with customers, suppliers and other partners.
- You may work to improve profitability through careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or to enhance the operation of the business, position or reputation in some way.
Operational and Technical Responsibilities:
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs and arrange for and attend business meetings with prospective clients
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Planning and preparing presentations (using PowerPoint)
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers and writing reports and providing management with feedback
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organization and generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone and understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
- ensure staff are on board throughout the organization, and understand the need for change and what is required of them
- BSc / BA in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
- Five years proven track record in business sales or related market
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to staff members and customers, in a clear and concise manner
- Reasonable knowledge and experience in Agricultural Industry
- Strategic Thinking, problem solving/analysis, customer/client Focus.
- Time Management, ability to build rapport and negotiation skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word. Excel, and PowerPoint
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Technical skills required to understand and propose products or solutions by focusing on client requirements
- Must be a High performer with a drive for excellence and growth
- Must be an optimist disruptive thinker with a sight for possibilities irrespective of the situation
- Strong team player and ability to collaborate with team members
- Must be very strong at execution and executing within timelines
- Must be smart with an appetite for creativity and innovation
- Must be a creative person with the right workplace ethics and behaviour
- Must be committed to continuous learning and showing mutual respect to all levels of staff.
- Health Insurance
- Learning & Growth Opportunities
- Flexible time and days of work
- Subsidized lunch
- Opportunity to work with bright minds and even more
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st March, 2020.