The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Child Protection Case Worker
Requisition ID: req7752
Location: Monguno, Borno
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Scope of Work
Brief description of the position’s role within the Project(s):
- The Case worker will conduct all steps of the case management process for a specified number of individual children vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence (especially UASC, Children at risk of other protection concerns and Children Associated with Armed Forces and Groups (CAAFAG) and their families.
- To provide support to families (particularly foster and alternative care givers) in the process.
- To liaise with other case workers and social workers on management of caseload and referrals
- To ensure that children harmed or at risk of being harmed are identified and receive individual case management support by documentation, assessment, care plan, direct service provision, referral and follow up for an assigned number of children.
Who this position reports to:
- The Case Worker reports to the Case Management Assistant.
- Ensure regular communication with the CP/CM manager for updates on achievements and challenges
- Provide individual case management for children in communities to be specified in relation to all case management steps, tools and procedures.
- Provide support for families, foster and alternative care systems.
Grant Monitoring and Reporting:
- Provide input for weekly and staff activity reports. .
Coordination & Representation:
- Regularly attend case management meetings at field level
- Effectively communicate with other caseworkers, government social workers and service providers as part of providing individual case management.
- Coordinate with other IRC sectors staff (e.g. WPE, Protection, Health and Livelihoods) at field level
- Contribute to the development of proposal activities in relation to case management.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
- Uphold the IRC Child Safeguarding Policy and ensure the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in the workplace and communities of intervention
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- At least 1 year experience in implementing child protection programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian or development settings
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English required and in Kanuri, Hausa and Furfurde preferred
- A minimum qualification of Technical diploma or degree in Social Work of any of the Social Sciences.
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children
- Travel and other requirements: Frequent travel and relocation can be a requirement for this position.
- The situation in Monguno is currently calm.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline Not Specified.