A non-profit firm established in December 2013. The organisation was established to improve the quality of decision-making and execution in the health sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Director
Department: Corporate Services
Unit: The Director’s office
Type: Full time
Reporting to: The Director
- The Executive Assistant to the Director will provide high quality and responsive administrative and technical support services to the Director and ensure smooth management of day-to-day affairs as instructed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares relevant information for the Director such as draft reports, presentations, letters, memos, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders in relevant program areas and network with stakeholders relevant to the organisation, in support to the Director.
- Supports the Director in the organization and execution of programs by reviewing papers and proposals, conducting research and following up with action on matters including chasing responses and triggering follow-up action
- Sources, investigates and clarifies technical documents, information and data, then produces accurate analysis and relevant figures required to make useful decisions for the Director
- Maintain the Director’s office systems, including records management and filing.
- Plans the Director’s travel itinerary and prepares appropriate travel documents.
- Liaises with the Admin/Finance team to book flights, visas, accommodation reservations, per-diem requests, etc.
- Works with the Director to complete weekly timesheets, prepare trip reports and retire expenses.
- Monitors and routes the Director’s communications and correspondences appropriately.
- Supports the Director for meetings as and when required, including drafting and circulating meeting agendas, preparing minutes, communicating meeting reminders, confirming venues and arrange refreshments in collaboration with Admin and Finance teams.
- Writes and distributes comprehensive minutes and action points to all members post meeting.
- Manages the Director’s electronic diary/calendar; organizes meetings and appointments; assesses priority of appointments and reallocates as necessary and provides reminders where necessary.
- Any other duties assigned by the Director.
- The requirements listed below are representatives of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Good data collection and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated with outstanding academic credentials.
- Resourceful, proactive, very knowledgeable and result oriented.
- Highly discreet and confidential.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience. Experience in working in a similar position is an added advantage.
- Business analysis and health sector experience is an advantage
- Skills and Knowledge
- Exceptional organizational, coordination and time management skills.
- Outstanding communication skills; written and verbal.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 7th February, 2020.