Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Team Supervisor
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Carry-out and / or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output / outcome and support decision-taking.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to his/her specialty, i.e. perform as a nurse, midwife, labtech and anesthetist, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her specialty.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Give feedback / reports to the medical focal point.
- Education: Nurse and / or Midwife Diploma essential.
- Languages: Mission language (English) and local language essential
- Experience: Essential 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGOs. Experience as supervisor is desirable.
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Permanent position: subject to probationary period
- Gross salary per month: N380,942 (Three hundred and Eighty Thousand, Nine Hundred and Forty Two Naira).
- Work Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Fill the Application Form Online (docs)
Submit their Cover Letters, CV, qualifications, and Motivation Letters to: email@example.com using “Nursing Team Supervisor” as the subject of the email.
- Non-compliant or late applications will not be considered
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
Application Deadline 19th January, 2020.