British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Utilities Team Leader
Job Number: 23865
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Appointment Type: Permanent
- This work involves the controlling, operating or maintaining of engineering/utilities machines within the engineering department in order to support the manufacturing department to manufacture products on time and in full according to specified quality standards and at optimum cost.
- Ensure a prompt end of shift report of all Technical issues preventing the machines in his domain from achieving optimum performance;
- Carry out a comprehensive maintenance job with necessary supervision and controlling of other team members to achieve this aim;
- Ability to pass the technical proficiency test, and shows a high level of hands on skills;
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on all available Engineering/Utilities P, M & E (Plant, Machinery & Equipment);
- Ensure that planned maintenance is effectively implemented, in a timely and cost-effective manner and optimization of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness).
- Operate the utilities / engineering equipment according to the standard operating procedures in order to continuously make the equipment to be 100% available according to standard maintenance practices in all or multiple equipment layout within the department;
- Check that that multiple equipment has a maintenance plan/schedule in conformance to manufacturer’s standards;
- Conduct daily and weekly cleaning maintenance schedule according to prescribed procedures to ensure efficient machine performance;
- Complete relevant documents/checklists as prescribed in order to ensure availability of accurate maintenance data;
- Apply EHS procedures and good practices in order to prevent personal injuries and damage to equipment;
Requirements, Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of standards of good practice, mechanical/electrical drawings and schematics;
- Ability to gather and interpret technical data;
- Proficiency in fault finding/troubleshooting;
- Decision making and problem-solving capabilities.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on utilities plants and equipment in a fast-moving consumer goods environment will serve as an advantage;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or any related field;
- Good understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering principles;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply