Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hausa Reading Specialist – Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI Plus)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI Plus) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The Hausa reading specialist provides overall technical oversight and guidance to the project’s support to improved reading instruction.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Senior Reading Specialist.
- Conduct dedicated field based monitoring to identi1’ instructional challenges, design and implement appropriate mitigation mechanism.
- Ensure complementarily of activity approaches in reading across the NET Plus activity states and that children in NEJ Plus public, and NFLC schools achieve improved outcomes in reading Hausa.
- Lead and/or support all project related activities in review and/or development of Hausa reading teaching and learning materials (including instructional videos).
- Liaise with other project components and government representatives on technical matters.
- Works closely with the Senior Reading Specialist to develop close working relationship with government parastatals and agencies.
- Coordinate and support all NEI Plus supported trainings in Hausa reading, specifically training of master trainers, school support officers and teachers.
- Coordinate and support ICT based classroom supervision and monitoring by school support officers and all student testing efforts,
- Other tasks as assigned by the Sr. Reading Specialist.
Required Skills& Qualifications
- Prior experience with early grade reading materials, training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments, including EGRA, is required.
- Prior experience with supporting government monitoring system of reading outcomes is required.
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English. It is required, that the candidate be conversant and fluent in written Hausa.
- Requires a Master’s Degree in education, preferably with a specialty in early grade reading. Ph.D. in education with a focus on early childhood education and/or early grade learning preferred.
- Primary school teaching experience preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience in programs in sub-Saharan Africa that work specifically to improve early grade reading is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Hausa Reading Specialist” in the email Subject line
Application Deadline 5th March, 2020.