The African Philanthropy Forum (APF) is a strong and vibrant community of partners who, through their strategic giving, investments and influence, foster shared prosperity on the African continent. Through its resources and high impact convenings across the Continent and beyond, APF raises awareness about the important role that strategic philanthropy can play in society. It is committed to creating an enabling environment to transform the culture of giving on the Continent to the extent that it exceeds development aid by 2030. To date, it has reached approximately 1,800 stakeholders in twelve African countries including Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda.
We are currently seeking to engage a dynamic, passionate, result oriented and self-motivated individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
- Planning and designing APF programs and proactively monitoring progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of APF programs
- Liaising with vendors and ensuring the delivery of products or services for programs is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget and in accordance with the program plan
- Reporting the progress of programs at regular intervals to the executive team and producing reports for donors
- Managing any tasks that may emerge in the pursuance of the organization’s vision
- Providing support for other areas of APF’s work towards achieving its vision.
- Managing budgets, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits as programs progress
- Working with the Monitoring & Evaluation team to monitor and evaluate program performance against established indicators
- Effectively managing communication with all stakeholders Managing program risks towards successful outcomes
- Initiating activities and appropriate interventions wherever gaps in programs are identified or issues arise
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not exhaustive. Employee will be working in a highly flexible environment and is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities as appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in development sector
- Good knowledge of program and project management methods
- High-quality analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to speak French is an added advantage
- Experience working with and managing partners across countries
- Understanding and experience about the philanthropic landscape across Africa
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and CV along with three reference and a Cover Note to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Program Officer” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 28th February, 2020.