The Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS) is the foremost independent scientific body in Nigeria. It is a national not-for-profit organization with the mission of strengthening the nation’s ability to deliver the fruits of science to society by the acquisition, growth, and dissemination of sound scientific knowledge, and facilitation of Its use in solving major national problems.
In furtherance of its mission, the NAS is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer
- Initiates, monitors, controls, and closes specific projects / programs of the Academy (which have the overall objective of gathering evidence to inform policies and programs)
- Writes proposals (including budgetary and concept notes for grants)
- Assists with the preparation of graphics and presentations
- Conducts background research on topics for current and proposed studies / projects
- Conducts database, website and literature review in national and international publications
- Checks facts and references for report and journal publications
- Identifies and gathers research materials as directed
- Manages projects / programs
- Manages projects from initiation to completion (includes budget preparation, sourcing of resource persons – e.g. speakers, consultants, fellows etc. for the project / program).
- Controls and monitors project execution; ensuring that deliverables are timely and project is completed within time, scope and budget.
- Performs project documentation – report writing and editing of completed projects.
- Fund-raising – involved in writing fund raising letters and visits to possible funders for proposed projects.
- Research / proposal writing
- Facilitates flow of information among programme staff, fellows, external experts, consultants etc.
Qualification and Experience
- A good first degree in Science – qualification(s) in Agricultural Sciences and or postgraduate degree(s) may be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant post-qualification experience; at least 1 of which must have been spent in a program management role in a donor funded initiative.
- Scientific advocacy and policy knowledge
- Work planning skills
- Team work and collaboration
- Innovation and creativity
- Critical thinking
- Scientific knowledge
- Alliance management
- Conflict resolution
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume (Prepared as a Microsoft Word document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the reference code: Programme Officer – Your surname & initials, e.g Programme Officer – Akoka K.Q”as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 10th March, 2020.
Note: All applications will be treated with strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.