KPMG is a global network of independent professional services firm with deep expertise in the provision of audit, tax and advisory services to clients in various industries and sectors of the economy. The Firm is well represented in Nigeria and across the African continent, with the objective of providing exceptional and quality services to multinational, regional and local clients and to enhance the product offerings in certain previously under-serviced markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Withholding Tax Accountant
Ref. ID: 149497BR
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Service Line: Finance & Accounting
Job Level: Associate / team member
- The Finance and Accounts team in KPMG Nigeria is responsible for recording, preparing and presentation of the financial report of the firm’s activities.
- WHT ACCOUNTANT will assist the CFO and other finance team members keep appropriate records and maintain necessary schedules of Withholding Tax and present same to regulatory authorities for the purpose of getting appropriate tax credit for the firm.
- The suitable candidate will have an interface with the tax regulatory authorities and their agents, maintain a cordial relationship with remitting banks and liaise with business unit managers in the course of his assignment.
- The role is multifaceted and requires an individual with attention to details, commendable knowledge of Microsoft office tools, especially Microsoft excel and outstanding collaboration and communications skills.
- Maintain a listing of all outstanding receivables and a listing of non-receipted withholding taxes
- Develop and maintain a credit database of WHT clients
- Ensure prompt recording and / or application unreceipted withholding taxes to job ledgers
- Prepare reconciliation statement of unreceipted withholding taxes and agree with general ledger records
- Responsible for client WHT receipt collection and posting
- Maintain record of WHT deductions from Vendors [inclusive of accommodations] and ensure remittance to the appropriate authorities (LSIR & FIRS)
- Maintain records of all utilized credit notes and ensure same records align with the revenue authority.
- Monitor non-current receivables and unreceipted withholding taxes
- Prepare letters to clients on outstanding receivable and unreceipted withholding taxes
- Follow through with client contacts and pick up cheques or withholding tax receipts
- Perform other functions assigned by the CFO
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a reputable university with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) and appreciable progress in ICAN examination is a major consideration. (Graduates of other numerate course of study must be ACA or ICAN certified)
- Below 26 years old as at the date of application.
- Have a minimum of 5 O’ level credits (including English & Mathematics) at ONE sitting
- Be about to complete or has completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the same role or any proven experience in any recognized tax authority
- Must not have written the KPMG test before.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply