Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Starting date: As soon as possible
Direct Line Manager: Logistics Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Ensure the good running condition and the cost-effectiveness of ACF’s Vehicle – fleet:
- Supervises the maintenance of all vehicles with full support from the Base Logistician, Lead Driver, and Mechanics.
- Makes sure that the vehicles are equipped with adequate items (bush, town), liaison according to the logbook. i.e. safety Equipment like a fire extinguisher, water, spare tire, Jake, first aid kit, etc.
- Planning of vehicle maintenance, service according to ACF/Kitlog 3.5V.
- Ensure supervision of the installation, maintenance and repair of equipment in the vehicle (Radio’s, tracking device, etc.
- Update the list of equipment in the vehicle on a monthly basis and assume a physical check each six months
- Keep physical files on each vehicle with Logbook copies, maintenance, and repair costs and fuel consumption.
- Checks the fuel consumption and report all abnormalities to the Base Logistician on each vehicle.
- Consolidates the fuel consumption and keeps a record, monitors the current stock and requests refueling purchase on time
- Check and Consolidated the vehicle log sheet (movement tracking sheet) on daily/monthly bases
Objective 2 – Coordination of Vehicular Movement:
- Collect the weekly movement requests from programs, consolidate and send for approval to Field Manager and SSco
- Plan and request weekly car hire movements, liaise with suppliers and ensure compliance of rental cars according to ACF safety and security standards
- Reports to the Base Logistician in case of a major shortage of vehicles and plan the allocation accordingly.
- Help in arranging the transportation of goods from the base to the field site and organize KISS movements
Objective 3 – HR and Monthly Reporting:
- Consolidate all the vehicle log sheet for the monthly Motor cost report and submit at each 30th day of the month.
- Track daily car hire the usage of Dutse and all sub-bases according to approved Agreement Form and submit to Log manager on a weekly basis
- Assist in planning/making the drivers’ rotational and leave schedule with the support of the lead driver.
Internal & External Relationship
- Base Logistician: hierarchical relationship – technical support – exchange of information, collaboration on planning and all base matters regarding fleet management and other logistics activities
- Logistic Manager: General support and Supervision
- Other Programme Managers: exchange of information and coordination (integrated approach)
- Local governmental and non-governmental partners: exchange of information, coordination,
- Local suppliers: exchange of information, coordination, influence on the choice of technical options
- Local representatives of international aid organizations: exchange of information
- Diploma in Logistics / Business Administration and Management or equivalent qualification.
Skills and Experience:
- IT/Excel literate
- 2 years of finance / procurement work experience
- Highly motivated, and flexible.
- Previous experience working with local/international NGO
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly Fluent in local language
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN156,995 per month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Thursday; 26th March, 2020.