The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates for the SENSE (Strengthening Education in North East) project funded by USAID. The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Department: Atiku Center (SENSE Project)
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Duration: Twenty (20) Months
Summary of Position
- The HR Assistant is charged with the responsibility of assisting the senior HR Officer with project HR and administrative functions.
- The duties shall include but not limited to assisting in reviewing information received concerning position opening and contacts hiring official(s) in preparation for recruitment activities, assist in the development of job vacancy announcements, creates a project plan and liaises with University Offices and departments involved to coordinate and run benefits activities in accordance with the university’s policy and procedures.
- B.Sc / B.A or HND in Human Resources, Public Admin or related Social Sciences fields.
- Excellent confidentiality, interpersonal and multitasking skills.
- Good computer skills (excel and word).
- At least 2 years of work experience in the field of HR, preferably with a USAID or any donor-funded Project.
- Good oral and written English language skills.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references in a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a Word document or PDF format
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 22nd March, 2020.