The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is the global body for professional accountants with over 200,000 fully qualified members and 486,000 students worldwide – and they’re among the world’s best-qualified and most highly sought-after accountants.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Type: Permanent
- The job holder will focus on building ACCA’s relevance and delivering value through stakeholder engagement and partnership development activities with students, members, employers, learning partners and diverse institutions.
- The BDM (North) oversees a team of ACCA employees; and works collaboratively with BDM (East), BDM (key accounts) and BDM (Lagos/West) to promote and deliver ACCA’s brand and relevance across Nigeria.
- The Business Development Manager (North) will manage the delivery of ACCA Nigeria’s strategic objective in the Northern Nigeria. You will manage all core stakeholders in the region and directly contribute to overall delivery of ACCA’s strategy for Nigeria. This role is responsible for developing and implementing engagement plans for each stakeholder group, with a clear account management strategy for monitoring and reporting performance periodically.
- Design and execute channel strategy focusing on employers, universities, SMP, SME, learning providers, etc. that would demonstrate ACCA value and relevance
- Build, review, monitor and update joint plans between ACCA and its key partners, ensuring performance in line with key outcomes and using same to build trend for future planning
- Analyse and evaluate events performance to determine their impact and sustainability
- Lead, develop and manage direct reports.
- This list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other activities as requested by the Head of ACCA Nigeria.
- Support delivery of ACCA 2025 strategy
- Develop annual business plans for the Northern region
- Defines plans, objectives and tactics for customers and stakeholder engagement and aligning required internal support in execution
- Engage and conduct effective discussions with leadership teams across key partners, regulators and stakeholders organisations to gain insight and use same in setting measurable daily business activities and identifying high value activities
- Build effective and outcome-focused working relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Achieve commitment from key decision-makers through a fact based dialogue and demonstrating advocacy and enquiry
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills with the ability to influence people at all levels
- A clear disposition to strategic thinking and team management skills
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Highly-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic individual who is able to work with minimum supervision
- A strategic thinker with a demonstrable entrepreneur’s mindset
- Previous experience of working in a matrix structure, with virtual and physical teams, to deliver agreed outcomes.
- An in-depth knowledge of Nigeria’s business and professional environment; and awareness of the accounting profession
- A good first degree in a numerate discipline. A postgraduate degree and/or professional qualification will be an advantage
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience in a corporate, business environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and ability to credibly and creatively. address diverse groups of people in formal and informal settings
- Above average commercial acumen and analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply