Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non- profit organization that has provided free health care services to under-served populations in Nigeria and Africa for over 27 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender and Adolescent Advisor
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Conduct an analysis of the experiences, risks and challenges for children – girls and boys, including disabled children – in the targeted states / communities.
- Design and conduct gender assessments at regular intervals
- Develop a gender mainstreaming plan and keep it up-to-date annually. The plan must include activities, indicators and means of verification, deadlines and resources for each activity;
- Support CSOs to establish and strengthen referral mechanism and linkages between the communities and health facilities for ASRH and gender-based violence, including implementation of clinical pathway for treatment of sexual assault survivors;
- Contribute to the documentation and dissemination of project efforts, achievements, lessons learned and innovations within PHI and to the larger Nigerian and global community, as appropriate;
- Facilitate capacity development for partner CBOs, community volunteers, child protection committees and other key stakeholders on gender integration and child protection;
- Provide regular supportive supervision to CBO staff to ensure the achievement of expected results;
- Monitor and evaluate program performance on gender-related goals and objectives and contribute content for internal and external reporting
- Collaborate with other colleagues and CBO partners to ensure gender integration throughout the implementation of the project in accordance with the USAID donor policies / strategies and gender requirements;
- Provide technical support to CBOs in raising awareness in target communities about the sexual risksТ adolescents
- Provide technical support in strengthening OTZ and teens club at the community level aimed at achieving the PEPFAR 90-90-90 goal
- Facilitate technical to work sessions with adolescent PWID, young Gay men, CFSW and program for them within the continuum of care on OVC- HIV programming towards reaching 90-90-90
- Support CBOs to identify and address the difficult issues of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) and GBV through culturally acceptable and age-appropriate content and highlighting the key role parents can play in protecting their children from CSA and GBV and responding to abuse.
Minimum Experience and Qualification
- University degree (Master’s or higher) in the Social Sciences (i.e. Sociology, Psychology), Public Health, Child Health, International Development, or in an area relevant to Gender, Health, Child Protection and HIV / AIDs
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional experience and demonstrated track record of having undertaken and led substantive programming and research on gender and adolescence development field.
- Experience in designing, implementing, managing, and delivering results-based program / projects on gender and adolescence or any other cross cutting program, especially at country/field level, experience in emergency response is an asset. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relations both within and outside the organization
- Required Travel: Ability to travel up to 50 % of the time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should attach a Cover Letter along with their esume / CV as a single document to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Disclaimer Clause / Notice
- This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- PHI recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Equal Opportunity Language: Pro-Health International is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 23rd January, 2020.