Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Manager, Livelihood
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- That the programme activities are following minimum quality standards related to Livelihood in Emergencies interventions.
- That programmatic and financial progress reporting is done on time
- Donor communications are done in line with the Plan Nigeria internal regulations.
- The Programme Manager-Livelihood is to oversee all activities of Plan Livelihood project.
- Ensure all livelihood Projects implementation is following the Country Strategy and Humanitarian Response Strategy, Livelihood strategic plan, objectives, outcomes and targets, which is the contractual & programmatic basis.
- Project Cycle Management is on track in line with expected expenditure and work plane
Dimension of Role
- He / she will be supported by livelihood specialist, Deputy Emergency Response Manager and Emergency Response Manager.
- The main objective of this position is to support the smooth implementation of livelihood projects and act as interface between the key projects intervention stakeholders such as donors, government, civil society and PLAN international Nigeria.
- The Programme Manger role will be to support the coordination and implementation of Livelihood projects in the north east of Nigeria.
- Support all livelihood assessments
- Track BVA and performance of livelihood project
- Draw attention of Livelihood specialists to all technical challenges of the livelihood projects
- Facilitate lessons learnt across all livelihood projects
- Support livelihood specialist in proposal development
- Facilitate networking of government and partners on livelihood interventions
- Participate in regular monitoring and if required programme/action plans, revisions and modifications at country level and facilitate with the relevant stakeholders.
- Organize/facilitate/accompany start-up and closing workshops as well as all relevant mid-term reviews and evaluations.
- Provide pro-actively guidance and technical support to the implementing livelihood project teams in Nigeria in all phases of Project Cycle (from start-up to project closure) where required.
- Support livelihood project coordinators in pre-assembling and preparing narrative reports and financial updates on expenditures in line with donor, Plan’s requirements and rules and regulations.
- Ensure all sitrep reports are reported
- Monitor the submission of 5W data to the Early recovery and livelihood sector and Food security sector.
- Ensure all cash and NFI of livelihood projected are deliver as scheduled
- Monitor the production of success stories of livelihood interventions
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor Degree preferably in a discipline such as Agriculture, Environmental Study, International Development, Economics or any other discipline relevant to development.
- A master degree in development and disaster management will be an added advantage
- Experience in Food Security and livelihood.
- Previous experience in a related position for at least 3 years.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to speak Hausa language will be an advantage
- Commitment to and understanding of PLAN’S aims, values and principles.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities
- Experience in working in Cash, Food security and livelihood sector.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd April, 2020.